|Native name||इंदौर लाइट मेट्रो|
|Owner||Madhya Pradesh Government|
|Locale||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Transit type||Light metro|
|Number of lines||4 (estimated)
|Number of stations||75 (estimated)|
|Daily ridership||190,000 (estimated)|
|Operation will start||2019|
|Train length||120 m (390 ft)|
|System length||94 km (58 mi) (estimated)
107 km (66 mi) (planned)
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||25 kV, 50 Hz AC through third rail|
|Average speed||35 km/h (22 mph)|
|Top speed||90 km/h (56 mph)|
The Indore Metro is a rapid transit light metro system proposed for the city of Indore, India. The total system consists of 6 corridors covering a distance of 107 kilometres (66 mi). This project will cost approximately 12000 crore (US$1.9 billion). The cost per km will be 182 crores and total cost is 15,000 crores. There will be three types of run – on road, on bridges, and underground in some locations.
The Metro Project will be the first in India to have driverless trains.
Six corridors have been proposed by DMRC. The main corridors are:
- Annapurna to Sukhliya
- Super Corridor MR 10 to Ring Road
- Niranjanpura to Bhawarkuwa
The planned Metro in Indore is a light metro system which is designed by Rohit Associates Architects & Engineers, headed by architect Rohit Gupta. This system consists of a Network of 100-107 km and with lines overlapping and branching. In May 2013, Rohit Associates was appointed to prepare a detailed project report for the MRTS including the selection of the system for the city. Based on the multicriteria analysis and recommendations of consultant Rohit Associates, The Government of Madhya Pradesh approved the inception report prepared by the consultant on 30 June 2014. As of 9 December 2014[update], Geotechnical surveys and formation of the company is being carried on for the implementation of the project. The project is projected to be completed by 2019.
- "Bhopal, Indore to have Metro Rail soon". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "DMRC surveys Indore for metro rail service". Hindustan Times. 20 April 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Jha, Bagish K (21 December 2011). "DMRC to prepare DPR for Indore, Bhopal metro in six months". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Proposed survey for Indore metro rail a right step: E Sreedharan – India – DNA". Dnaindia.com. 21 July 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-24.