|Owner||Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation|
|Locale||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Transit type||Light metro|
|Number of lines||5 (estimated)|
|Number of stations||89 (estimated)|
|Daily ridership||250,000 (estimated)|
|Train length||3 coaches|
|System length||94 km (58 mi) (estimated)|
107 km (66 mi) (planned)
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||25 kV, 50 Hz AC through third rail|
|Average speed||35 km/h (22 mph)|
|Top speed||90 km/h (56 mph)|
The Indore Metro is a rapid transit light metro system which is under construction for the city of Indore, India. The total system consists of 10 corridors covering a distance of 124 kilometres (77 mi). This project will cost approximately ₹12,000 crore (US$1.7 billion). The cost per km will be 182 crores and total cost is 15,000 crores. There will be three types of run – on road, on bridges, and underground in some locations.
Six corridors have been proposed by DMRC. The main corridors are:
The planned Metro in Indore is Metro system which is designed by Rohit Associates Cities & Rails Private Limited, headed by architect Rohit Gupta. This system consists of a Network of 100–107 km and with lines overlapping and branching. In May 2013, Rohit Associates was appointed to prepare a detailed project report for the MRTS including the selection of the system for the city. Based on the multi criteria analysis and recommendations of consultant Rohit Associates, The Government of Madhya Pradesh approved the inception report prepared by the consultant on 30 June 2014. As of 9 December 2014[update], Geo technical surveys and formation of the company is being carried on for the implementation of the project. The project is projected to be completed by 2019.
MP Metro projects get Rs 12,000 cr soft loan from Japan: The Madhya Pradesh government claims to have obtained consent for getting a Rs 12,000 crore foreign loan for its ambitious Bhopal and Indore Metro rail projects. The funds will be available at much lower rates than those available in India. DPR approved by State Cabinet
“We last month held discussions with officials of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), which will arrange funding of Rs 12,000 crore at 0.3 per cent interest for the Bhopal and Indore Metro rail projects,” said Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan after returning from a 10-day business trip to Japan. Madhya Pradesh state’s Urban Administration and Development Minister Maya Singh said JICA has refused to fund the metro projects of Bhopal and Indore after expressing the initial interest. After the JICA’s refusal to fund the metro projects of Bhopal and Indore, the state government has sent a proposal to the Centre to get the funding from the bilateral/multilateral financial institutions.
- Oct 2018: DPR is approved by central government. 
- Jan 2019: Soil Testing Start.
- Feb 2019: Elevated Viaduct Between ISBT/MR10 And Mumtaj Bagh Colony Construction is Started At MR10.
- Aug 2019: Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between central and state governments for Bhopal and Indore metro. State and central governments will bear 20% of the project cost each and remaining 60% will be funded by international banks. Indore metro to be operational by 2023. Construction work is ongoing as of 21 August 2019.
- "Bhopal, Indore to have Metro Rail soon". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "DMRC surveys Indore for metro rail service". Hindustan Times. 20 April 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Jha, Bagish K (21 December 2011). "DMRC to prepare DPR for Indore, Bhopal metro in six months". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "MP Metro Project gets Rs 12,000 Crore soft loan from Japan". Business Standard.
- India, Press Trust of. "ADB to fund Delhi-Meerut rapid rail link, 4 metro projects". Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 4 May 2019.
- "Bhopal, Indore metro: State government signs MoU". Mint. 20 August 2019. Retrieved 21 August 2019.
- PTI (19 August 2019). "Centre, MP sign MoU for Bhopal, Indore metro rail networks". Business Standard India. Retrieved 21 August 2019.
- "मेट्रो के लिए जमीन अधिग्रहण की नीति तैयार, आसपास के शहरों में दौड़ेगी लाइट मेट्रो". www.patrika.com (in Hindi). 21 August 2019. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- "Proposed survey for Indore metro rail a right step: E Sreedharan – India – DNA". Dnaindia.com. 21 July 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2011.