This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Headquarters of Indosat Ooredoo in Jakarta
(black tower in the middle)
|Traded as||IDX: ISAT|
|Founded||20 November 1967|
Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat No. 21|
|Joy Wahjudi, Interim President Director |
|Products||Cellular, Fixed Line and MIDI (Multimedia Data Internet) services|
|Revenue||Rp 29.184 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 1.1 trillion (2016)|
|Total assets||Rp 50.838 trillion (2016)|
Ooredoo Asia PTE LTD (65.00%)|
Government of Indonesia (14.29%)
Skagen AS entities (5.42%)
PT Indosat Tbk. (commonly referred to as Indosat Ooredoo due to the ownership) is one of the telecommunications services and network providers in Indonesia. The company offers communication services for mobile-phone users, both for prepaid and postpaid, under the brands Matrix Ooredoo, Mentari Ooredoo and IM3 Ooredoo. The company also provides fixed-voice services (including international direct dialing) and multimedia, Internet, and data communication services.
In 2011, Indosat Ooredoo owned 21% of the market share. In 2013, the company had 58.5 million mobile phone subscribers. In 2015, the number of subscribers increased to 68.5 million, or up by 24.7% compared with 54.9 million in 2014. In Q3 2017 Indosat Subscribers has increased to 97 million.
In February 2013, the Qatari telecommunications company at the time known as Qtel, which owned 65% of Indosat's shares, was rebranded as Ooredoo and planned to rebrand all its subsidiaries in the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia in 2013 or 2014. Indosat was finally renamed to Indosat Ooredoo on November 19, 2015. 
Indosat was established in 1967 as the first foreign investment company in Indonesia, that provided international telecommunications services via international satellite. As Indosat grew, it became the first international telecommunications company that was bought and 100% owned by the Indonesian Government. In 1994, Indosat became a publicly listed company in the Indonesian Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange, with 65% owned by the Indonesian Government and 35% by public.
Indosat took over the majority of shares for Satelindo and SLI in Indonesia, then established PT Indosat Multimedia Mobile (IM3) as the pioneer of GPRS network and multimedia services. In 2003, Indosat and three of its subsidiaries, - namely: Satelindo, IM3, and Bimagraha - merged to form a mobile operator in Indonesia.
Indosat was granted the license for 3G network and introduced the 3.5G service in Jakarta and Surabaya. In 2009, Qtel bought 24.19% of series B shares from the public, to become Indosat's majority shareholder with a 65% ownership. In the same year, Indosat acquired a license for additional 3G frequency from the Ministry of Communication and Informatics as well as winning the tender for the WiMAX license held by the government.
In 2013, Indosat commercialized its 3G network with a frequency band of 900 MHz. A year later, Indosat launched and commercialized the 4G services at 900 MHz, with speed of up to 42 Mbit/s, in Indonesian major cities. In 2015, Indosat officially rebranded itself as Indosat Ooredoo.
PT Aplikanusa Lintasarta (Lintasarta)
Lintasarta (PT Aplikanusa Lintasarta) is an Indonesian company serving as provider of data communication. The company is majority owned by Indosat Ooredoo, while the remaining shares are owned by several institutions such as foundations and cooperatives. The company provides various terrestrial solution services (Wireline, Wireless) and VSAT with multiple platforms such as Clear Channel, Frame Relay, and IP. It also provides dedicated internet service and acts as a Data Center.
PT Indosat Mega Media (IndosatM2)
- PT Indosat Mega Media (IndosatM2) is a company 100 percent owned by PT Indosat Tbk, a telecommunications service provider in Indonesia. IndosatM2 has been operational since 2000 in building and applying IP based services and products, internet, and multimedia in Indonesia.
- Sinyal Kuat Indosat (Indosat Strong Signal, 2002–2005)
- Indosat, Kami Lebih Peduli (Indosat, We Care More, 1994–2005)
- Indosat, The Future is Here (2005–2015)
- Punya Indosat (Owned By Indosat, 2006–2015)
As Indosat Ooredoo
- Indosat Ooredoo, Mari Sambut Perubahan (Indosat Ooredoo, Lets Welcome The Change, 2015–present)
- "Indosat: About Us".
- "Shareholders (as of 31 March 2014)" (PDF). Indosat. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- Investments, Indonesia. "Indosat Indonesia Investments". www.indonesia-investments.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Conexus". www.conexusmobile.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- Investments, Indonesia. "Investing in Indonesia | Indonesia Investments". indonesia-investments.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Indosat`s profit plunges 52.5 pct". www.antaranews.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Indosat: Kami Operator Nomor Dua di Indonesia | Indotelko". www.indotelko.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Hingga Kuartal III/2017, Indosat Catat Laba Usaha Rp3,83 Triliun".
- "Qtel rebrands as Ooredoo - - ITP.net". ITP.net. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Indosat Ganti Nama jadi Indosat Ooredoo". CNN Indonesia. Retrieved 2016-02-02.