|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2014)|
Headquarters of Indosat Ooredoo in Jakarta
(black tower in the middle)
|Traded as||IDX: ISAT
|Founded||20 November 1967|
|Headquarters||Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat No. 21
|Alexander Rusli, President Director & CEO |
|Products||Cellular, Fixed Line and MIDI (Multimedia Data Internet) services|
|Owner||Ooredoo Asia PTE LTD (65.00%)
Government of Indonesia (14.29%)
Skagen AS entities (5.42%)
PT Indosat Tbk. (commonly referred to as Indosat Ooredoo, formerly Indosat) is one of the telecommunications services and networks providers in Indonesia. The company offers communication services for mobile phone users, both for prepaid and postpaid, under the brands, Matrix Ooredoo, Mentari Ooredoo and IM3 Ooredoo. The company also provides other services, which are fixed voice services (including International Direct Dialing/IDD) and Multimedia, Internet, and Data Communication Services/MIDI.
In 2011, Indosat Ooredoo owned 21% of the market share. In 2013, the company had 58.5 million mobile phone subscribers. In 2015, the number of subscribers increased to 68.5 million, or up by 24.7% compared with 54.9 million in 2014.
In February 2013, the Qatar telecommunications company formerly known as Qtel, which owned 65% of Indosat's shares, was rebranded to Ooredoo and planned to also rebrand all its businesses) and subsidiaries in the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia with the same Ooredoo brand identity in 2013 or 2014. Two years later, on November 19, 2015, Indosat finally transformed its identity and logo into the Indosat Ooredoo brand.
History of Indosat Ooredoo
1967 - 1994
Indosat was established in 1967 as the first foreign investment company in Indonesia, that provided international telecommunications services via international satellite. As Indosat grew, it became the first international telecommunications company that was bought and 100% owned by the Indonesian Government. In 1994, Indosat became a publicly listed company in the Indonesian Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange, with 65% owned by the Indonesian Government and 35% by public.
1994 - 2003
Indosat took over the majority of shares for Satelindo and SLI in Indonesia, then established PT Indosat Multimedia Mobile (IM3) as the pioneer of GPRS network and multimedia services. In 2003, Indosat and three of its subsidiaries, - namely: Satelindo, IM3, and Bimagraha - merged together to form a mobile operator in Indonesia.
2003 – 2009
Indosat was granted the license for 3G network and introduced the 3.5G service in Jakarta and Surabaya. In 2009, Qtel bought 24.19% of series B shares from the public, to become Indosat's majority shareholder with a 65% ownership. In the same year , Indosat acquired a license for additional 3G frequency from the Ministry of Communication and Informatics as well as winning the tender for the WiMAX license held by the government.
2012 – 2015
In 2013, Indosat commercialized its 3G network with a frequency band of 900 MHz. A year later, Indosat launched and commercialized the 4G services at 900 MHz, with speed of up to 42 Mbps, in Indonesian major cities. In 2015, Indosat officially rebranded itself as Indosat Ooredoo.
PT Aplikanusa Lintasarta (Lintasarta)
Lintasarta (PT Aplikanusa Lintasarta) is an Indonesian company serving as provider of data communication. The company is majority owned by Indosat Ooredoo, whilst the remaining shares are owned by several institutions such as foundations and cooperatives. The company provides various terrestrial solution services (Wireline, Wireless) and VSAT with multiple platforms such as Clear Channel, Frame Relay, and IP. It also provides dedicated internet service and acts as a Data Center.
PT Indosat Mega Media (IndosatM2) 
- PT Indosat Mega Media (IndosatM2) is a company 100% owned by PT Indosat Tbk, a telecommunications service provider in Indonesia. IndosatM2 has been operational since 2000 in building and applying IP based services and products, internet, and multimedia in Indonesia.
- "Indosat: About Us" Check
- "Shareholders (as of 31 March 2014)" (PDF). Indosat. Retrieved 30 April 2013. line feed character in
|title=at position 20 (help)
- Investments, Indonesia. "Indosat Indonesia Investments". www.indonesia-investments.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Conexus". www.conexusmobile.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- Investments, Indonesia. "Investing in Indonesia | Indonesia Investments". indonesia-investments.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Indosat`s profit plunges 52.5 pct". www.antaranews.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Indosat: Kami Operator Nomor Dua di Indonesia | Indotelko". www.indotelko.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Qtel rebrands as Ooredoo - - ITP.net". ITP.net. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Indosat Ganti Nama jadi Indosat Ooredoo". CNN Indonesia. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Indosat Ooredoo". Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas (in Indonesian).
- "IndosatM2". Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas (in Indonesian).