|Formerly||Indovision, OkeVision, Top TV|
|Type||Publicly listed subsidiary|
|Founded||August 8, 1988 (company founded)|
January 16, 1994 (launch)
|Peter F. Gontha (Co-founder)|
Ade Tjendra (President Director)
Hari Susanto (President Commissioner)
Syafril Nasution (President Commissioner, MNC Vision Networks)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018)
MNC Vision (legally PT MNC Sky Vision Tbk, formerly Indovision) is an Indonesian subscription-based direct broadcast satellite (DBS) or direct-to-home satellite television and radio service initially in Indonesia. Currently owned by PT MNC Sky Vision Tbk, itself a subsidiary of Media Nusantara Citra, MNC Vision is the oldest subscription-based television service in Indonesia.
Its slogan is Pay TV Keluarga Indonesia (Pay TV for Indonesian Families).
MNC Vision began operations in 16 January 1994 as Indovision. Indovision started its service with five-channel C-Band Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) analog service. Using Palapa C-2 satellite for its transponder and broadcasting system, the C-Band DBS service features programming from international suppliers, such as HBO Asia, Star TV, Discovery, as well as local programming. Following in 1997, IndoStar-1 which also known as Cakrawarta-1 (designed and built by Thomas van der Heyden, founder of what later became Orbital Sciences GEO division), was launched as the world's first commercial communications satellite to use S-band frequencies for broadcast (pioneered by van der Heyden), which provided high-quality transmissions to small-diameter 80 cm antennas in regions that experience heavy rainfall such as Indonesia.
This satellite uses S-Band frequency, which are less vulnerable to atmospheric interference than other satellite frequencies, and are well suited to the tropical climate such as Indonesia. Cakrawarta-1 is managed and operated by PT Media Citra Indostar (MCI), established on 22 July 1991.
By the end of 1997, the company anticipated terminating its analog service and encouraged its subscribers to switch to its digital DBS service.
In 2008, a slimmed-down suite of channels was marketed separately by Indovision as Top TV. It was discontinued at the end of 2017 in the rebranding to MNC Vision.
On December 12, 2017, Indovision merged with Top TV and another separated service Okevision to form MNC Vision.
MNC News was founded in June 2006 as an 24 hours general, infotainment, sports, and lifestyle news channel. MNC News is available on MNC Vision.
- World Headlines
- MNC News Morning
- MNC News Today
- MNC News Now
- MNC News Prime
- MNC News Tonight
- Indonesia View (English-language news, replacing all MNC World News programs and MNC Today)
- Talk To iNews
- 100% Sport
- iNews Sport
- Sports highlights/news reports coverage:
- Petualangan Panji (Panji's Adventure)
- Mata Angin (Eyes of the Wind)
- Kacamata Petualang
- Mancing Liar (Wild Fishing)
- Obsesi (Obsession)
- Goyang Lidah
- Live Kitchen
- High End on TV
- Roda Mania
- One on One
- Splash News
- M Shop (previously as MNC Shop until 2019)
- Satu Visi Banyak Aksi (One Vision Many Action, Indovision)
- Top Banget! (Very Top!, Top TV)
- Bioskop Masuk Rumah (Movies into every home, OkeVision)
- Bukan yang Lain (Nothing else, Indovision/MNC Vision)
- Pay TV Keluarga Indonesia (Family Pay TV in Indonesia}
- "Indovision: About". Archived from the original on 2013-12-30. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "TV Berlangganan MNC Vision (Indovision, Okevision & TopTV)". Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "The Indostar-2 Satellite". Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "The Indostar-2 Satellite at Lyngsat". Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "The Indostar-2 Satellite at Boeing Website". Archived from the original on 2011-06-28. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Bertransformasi, Indovision Kini Jadi MNC Vision". Okezone (in Indonesian). 2017-12-12. Retrieved 2020-03-31.