|Type||Satellite television company (IDX: MSKY)|
|Motto||Pay TV Keluarga Indonesia (Pay TV for Indonesian Families)|
|Owner||PT MNC Sky Vision Tbk|
|Parent||Media Nusantara Citra|
|8 August 1988 (as MNC Skyvision)|
January 1994 (as Indovision)
12 December 2017 (as MNC Vision)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
MNC Vision is an Indonesian subscription-based direct broadcast satellite (DBS) or direct-to-home satellite television and radio service initially in Indonesia. Currently owned by PT MNC Sky Vision Tbk, itself a subsidiary of Media Nusantara Citra, MNC Vision is the oldest subscription-based television service in Indonesia.
MNC Vision began operations in January 1994 as Indovision. Indovision started its service with five-channel C-Band Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) analog service. Using Palapa C-2 satellite for its transponder and broadcasting system, the C-Band DBS service features programming from international suppliers, such as HBO Asia, Star TV, Discovery, as well as local programming. Following in 1997, IndoStar-1 which also known as Cakrawarta-1 was launched as the world's first commercial communications satellite to use S-band frequencies for broadcast (pioneered by van der Heyden), which provide high-quality transmissions to small-diameter 80 cm antennas in regions that experience heavy rainfall such as Indonesia.
This satellite uses S-Band frequency, which are less vulnerable to atmospheric interference than C-Band frequency, and are well suited to the tropical climate such as Indonesia. Cakrawarta-1 is managed and operated by PT Media Citra Indostar (MCI), a subsidiary of PT Indosat Tbk which was established on 22 July 1991.
By the end of 1997, the company anticipated terminating its analog service and encouraged its subscribers to switch to its digital DBS service.
In 2008, a slimmed-down suite of channels was marketed separately by Indovision as Top TV. It was discontinued at the end of 2017 in the rebranding to MNC Vision.
On 12 December 2017, Indovision merged with Top TV and another separated service Okevision to form MNC Vision.
- Satu Juta Banyak Aksi (One Million Many Action, Okevision)
- Top Banget! (Very Top!, Top TV)
- Bioskop Masuk Rumah (Movies into every home, Okevision)
- Bukan yang Lain (Nothing else, MNC Vision)
- "Indovision: About". Archived from the original on 2013-12-30. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "TV Berlangganan MNC Vision (Indovision, Okevision & TopTV)". Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "The Indostar-2 Satellite". Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "The Indostar-2 Satellite at Lyngsat". Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "The Indostar-2 Satellite at Boeing Website". Archived from the original on 2011-06-28. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Bertransformasi, Indovision Kini Jadi MNC Vision". Okezone (in Indonesian). 2017-12-12. Retrieved 2020-03-31.