Indrajit Nattoji during shoot
|Occupation||Film director commercial director|
Indrajit Nattoji (born 5 June 1973) is an Indian film director, screenwriter, producer, creative director, artist, designer and ad-filmmaker known for his works in Bollywood, television, and advertising. Nattoji started his career in documentary film making and then moved from television to advertising to being a feature filmmaker. He continues to be an ad-filmmaker and runs his own film production company, Blink Pictures. Nattoji has made his directional debut Aagey Se Right (2009) which was produced by Ronnie Screwvala, under the banner of UTV Spotboy a subsidiary of UTV Motion Pictures.
Indrajit Nattoji did his schooling in Campion School, Mumbai and graduation from the National Institute of Design (NID) located in Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India. At NID he completed his MDes (Master of Design) in Communication Design with the specialization in Film and Graphic Design. After completing his graduation, he moved to Delhi and eventually to Mumbai, India to pursue his career as a director.
After completing his graduation from NID, Nattoji moved to New Delhi as a documentary film-maker from where he extensively video documented the aftermath of the 1993 earthquake in Latur. He then went on to join BITV a news and current affairs channel as promo director. Later he formed Watermark Films, an advertising production house in New Delhi with two of his seniors from NID, post which he joined Channel V, Star Networks in Mumbai as writer and director On-air Promos. He worked with Channel V for three years 1997 to 2000.
Nattoji started his own ad-film production studio Blink Pictures in 2001. As the ad-film work grew he expanded his company with a bigger production team in 2004. He has worked with some of the biggest names in the Industry like Hrithik Roshan, John Abraham, Irrfan Khan, Prosenjit, Amrita Rao and Sri Lanka's talented star Bathiya & Santhush.
He has directed and produced more than 300 Television Commercials for renowned brands like Coca-Cola, Parle, Indian Oil, Sony, TVS, Airtel, Levis and many others. Indrajit has directed and produced the launch promotional video for Rajasthan Royals- 'Halla Bol' which featured a track sung by Ila Arun. His international projects include TVCs for markets of USA, Kenya, UAE and Sri Lanka. Indrajit has also been felicitated with many awards for his outstanding work in creative direction and film direction. He has conceived, directed and produced several Broadcast Design and Channel Branding projects for Television Networks like Astro Malaysia, Zee and Star India.Besides Broadcast design and TVCs Nattoji has conceived and directed several popular music videos for music companies like Zee Music, Times Music and Sony Music and for artists like Aagosh (Song- Paisa), Kashti (Song Parchaiyaan Featuring Kay Kay Menon) and Hai Re Hai mera Ghoongta (remix by Lesle Lewis featuring Dipannita Sharma).
He made his first Hindi feature film as a director with Aagey se right (2009), which was produced by Ronnie Screwvala, under the banner of UTV Motion Pictures, starring Shreyas Talpade, Mahie Gill, Kay Kay Menon, Shenaz Treasurywala.
In 2014 he briefly shifted base to Malaysia on a short term contract, where he was consulting for International Feature film projects with Double Vision Sdn Bhd, a reputed Malaysia-based film and television production company, as Executive Creative Director and Creative Producer. In 2015 Nattoji conceived and created a visually striking animated graphic end title sequence as Creative Director (Title Design) for Dibakar Banerjee's film Detective Byomkesh Bakshy. The Title Design was based on the idea of an illustrated epilog for the protagonist Byomkesh Bakshy.
He continues to run Blink Pictures and is currently conceiving, directing and producing three large format film installations for the Indian Music Experience (IME), India's first experiential museum on Indian music in Bangalore. He has also recently started his next directorial feature film project.
As an Artist
Artist Indrajit Nattoji presented a unique collection of paintings at the ICCR, Kolkata, on 18–20 May 2018. It was called, "Tagore in Shorthand" that delves into Kobi Guru's literary works through handwriting his poems and songs in his image, using ink and paint on paper. Each art-work showcases one of Tagore's literary works written in his image. Portraits range from Tagore as a young man to his later years – an artist's tribute to Rabindranath Tagore in hand written drawing style. Director and actor Parambrata Chattopadhyay was present at the event with Maestro Bickram Ghosh, Artist Wassim Kapoor, politician and industrialist Baishali Dalmiya among others on day one.
Recognition and awards
Indrajit Nattoji has received many awards for his work, and he gets recognized for the hard work he puts forward. While at Channel V he got facilitated for Razorfish Rocket Award for Rising Talent, Asia. He also received numerous Advertising Club and Promax Awards (Asia and Worldwide) awards for his work in Broadcast design and Advertising films and continues to do so till date.
- "The Telegraph – Calcutta (Kolkata) | Entertainment | City boy gets his tune turn". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Aagey Se Right – movie review by Ankit Ojha – Planet Bollywood". planetbollywood.com. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- HINDUSTAN TIMES
- SIFY MOVIES
- "Archive starring Ahmedabad coming near you – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Hindi Director Indrajit Nattoji | Nettv4u". nettv4u. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- *indiainfoline.com. "Hrithik as Roman Emperor in new Milano TVC by Indrajit Nattoji". Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Watch Making of Hrithik Roshan's Ad For 'Liberty' Now – Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Blink Pictures (4 March 2010), Castrol Fifa TVC: the Making. Feat. John Abraham, retrieved 10 May 2017
- Bathiya N Santhush (17 January 2010), Making of Coca Cola 2010 Commercial feat. BNS, retrieved 10 May 2017
- HINDUSTAN TIMES
- HINDUSTAN TIMES
- "Another leap back in time in new Parle Milano TVC". Campaign India. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "TVS Tyres rides on young, transforming India to showcase new identity". Campaign India. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Parle exposes the truth about Digestive Marie biscuits". bestmediaifo.com. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Rajasthan Royals Profile – Photos, Wallpapers, Videos, News, Movies, Rajasthan Royals Songs, Pics". in.com/. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- "Blink Pictures". YouTube. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Aagey Se Right Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- *Rajput, Sushant Singh; Tiwari, Anand; Kabi, Neeraj; Menon, Divya (3 April 2015), Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!, retrieved 10 May 2017
- Rudrāksh Dhar (14 June 2015), Life's a Bitch (End credits) Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, retrieved 10 May 2017
- Administrator. "Project Consultants". indianmusicexperience.org. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "A Unique Interactive Music Museum Is Ready For Opening in Bangalore". worldarchitecture.org. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "My Start-Up Story – Don't Stare. Blink! | Kulzy". Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Kolkatans elated with 'Tagore in shorthand' – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- https://www.facebook.com/Millennium-Post-1121157364607635/. "Tagore in Shorthand: A tribute to the Kobi Guru". Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "ICCR presents 'Tagore in Shorthand'". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "অক্ষরে আঁকা রবীন্দ্রনাথ, অভিনব প্রদর্শনী শহরে". Sangbad Pratidin. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "STAR shines at PROMAX & BDA 2000.(Star TV Inc. of Hong Kong wins awards)(Brief Article)". 1 December 2000. Archived from the original on 20 November 2018.