Halder made her debut in 1986 with the Bengali TV series Tero Parbon directed by Jochon Dastidar. She made her big screen debut opposite Prosenjit Chatterjee in Mandira (1990). She has appeared in numerous films, telefilms and TV series and hit the pinnacle of her career with the Bengali TV series Goyenda Ginni. She appeared in critically acclaimed films such as Charachar, Dahan, Anu, Sajhbatir Rupkathara, Faltu, Tokhon Teish, Mayurakshi to name a few. She has also worked at Maa Shakti by BR Chopra.
In January 2022, she sang the Dwijendralal Ray song "Dhono Dhanne Pushpe Bhora" in a show at the request of one. However, she thought it is Rabindranath Tagore's song. And so she was trolled on social media.
- Biswas Abiswas (with Prosenjit Chatterjee)
- Saptami (with Prosenjit Chatterjee)
- Gouri (with Tapas Pal)
- Nilimay Nil (with Tapas Pal)
- Antortomo (with Tapas Pal)
- Jaybijay (with Chiranjit Chakraborty)
- Prem Sanghat (with Chiranjit Chakraborty)
- Debor (with Tapash Paul)
- Bhalobasha (with Prasenjit Chatterjee, Savitri Chatterjee, Manaj Mitra, Bharat Kaul)
- Antarbash (with Debosree Roy, Chiranjeet Chakrabarty, Firdaus Ahmed)
- Tin Bhuboner Paare
- Sesh Ashray (with Arjun Chakraborty)
- Saikat Sangeet
- Sagar Banya (with Prasenjit Chatterjee, Abhisek Chatterjee)
- Atltaayi (with Chiranjeet Chakrabarty)
- Jeebon Pakhi
- Ebong Tumi Aar Aami (with Sanjib Dasgupta, Soumitra Chatterjee)
- Daydayikta (with Prasenjit Chatterjee, Ranjit Mallick, Rituparna Sengupta)
- Apon Holo Par (with Prasenjit Chatterjee)
- Sampradaan (Directed by Bappaditya Banerjee, with Anusuya Majumdar, Sabyasachi Chakrabarty)
- Shwet Patharer Thala (Directed by Prabhat Roy, with Aparna Sen, Sabyasachi Chakrabarty, Dipankar Dey)
- Kaancher Prithibi (with Ayan Banerjee, Labani Sarkar)
- Daan Protidan (with Tapash Paul, Sukhen Das, Koushik Banerjee, Rachana Banerjee)
- Charachar (1993) (Directed by Buddhadeb Dasgupta)
- Biyer Phool (1996) (with Prasenjit Chatterjee, Rani Mukherjee)
- Jamaibabu (with Tapash Paul, Abhisek Chatterjee)
- Lal Darja (1997) (Directed by Buddhadeb Dasgupta)
- Dahan (1997) (with Rituparna Sengupta)
- Anu (Directed by Satarupa Sanyal)
- Paromitar Ek Din (2000)
- Buk Bhara Bhalobasa (2000) (with Arun Govil)
- Dekha (2001) (with Soumitra Chatterjee)
- Bhairav (2001)
- Bor Kone (with Prasenjit Chatterjee)
- Saanjhbatir Roopkathara
- Debdas (2002)
- Faltu (2006)
- Jara Brishtitey Bhijechhilo (2007)
- Raatporir Rupkatha (with Jackie Shroff)
- Chowdhary Paribar
- Angshumaner Chhobi (2009)
- Noyoner Alo
- Antim Swash Sundar
- Banshiwala (2010) (Directed by Anjan Das, with Paoli Dam, Sayan Munshi)
- Takhan Teish (2010)
- Mistake (2013)
- Strings of Passion (2014)
- Aro Akbar (2015) (with Rituparna, Rupa Ganguli)
- Drishyantar (with Srabanti Chatterjee)
- Sagor Banya (with Prasenjit, Abhishek)
- Dabidar (with Tapash Paul)
- Dadabhai (with Chiranjit)
- Thikana Rajpath (with Debosree, Ferdouse)
- Antorbas (with Chiranjit)
- Kuler Achar (2022)
Television, short films and web series
- "TBA" as protagonist - "ZEE5" Web Series, directed by "Indraneel Roy Chowdhury" (upcoming)
- Seemarekha as Seema and Rekha-Dual role (Zee Bangla)
- Goyenda Ginni as Poroma (Zee Bangla)
- Spandan (Zee Bangla)
- Sreemoyee (Star Jalsha)
- Savitri - EK Prem Kahani as Leena Roy Choudhary (2013)
- Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?
- Tithir Atithi
- Kuasha Jakhan (with soumitra chaterjee)
- Bahanno Episode(Directed by Rituporno ghosh)
- Tamasharekha (Zee Bangla)
- Purbo Purush
- Bhool Thikana
- Jeebon Rekha (Zee Bangla)
- Hamaari Shaadi(Directed by Basu chatterjee)
- Tero Parban
- Prashchito (NTV Bengali Telefilm)
- Pinzor (NTV Bengali Telefilm)
- Sujata produced by BR chopra
- Maa Shakti by BR Chopra
- Somoy (with Abir Chatterjee, Parno Mitra) (Rupasi Bangla)
- Sanai(Akash Bangla, with Arunima Ghosh)
- Rajmahal (Akash Aat)
- Khonik Bosonto (BTV Telefilm 2002)
- Sange Indrani - a weekly interview on Tara TV featuring celebrity guests, hosted by Haldar
- Kudrat as Ganga Ajaynarayan Seth
|2003||DD Bangla||Maa Elo Oi||Devi Mahisasurmardini|
|2016||Zee Bangla||Matrirupeno||Devi Mahisasurmardini|||
|2017||Zee Bangla||Rupang Dehi Jayang Dehi||Devi Jayanti,Maangala,Kali,Bhadrakali,Kapalini and Mahisasurmardini|||
|2019||Star Jalsha||Mahisasurmardini||Dance Performance|
- "Indrani Halder, Rachna Banerjee: Senior actresses who rule Bengali TV; challenge industry's 'obsession' with young artists". The Times of India. 28 August 2021. Retrieved 11 December 2021.
- সংবাদদাতা, নিজস্ব. "Sreemoyee: গুরুতর অসুস্থ রোহিত, ধারাবাহিক শেষের পথে, তার মধ্যেই হঠাৎ নাচ ইন্দ্রাণীর! কেন?". www.anandabazar.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 11 December 2021.
- "Indrani Haldar movies, filmography, biography and songs - Cinestaan.com". Cinestaan. Archived from the original on 2 April 2019. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "বাংলার ঘরে ঘরে 'তেরো পার্বণ' - Anandabazar". anandabazar.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- "Four much fun". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- "'শাশুড়িদের ট্যাঁকে পুরতে হলে রসে-বশে রাখ'". anandabazar.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- "সামাজিক বার্তাতেই এখনও রাজেন্দ্রাণী". Ei Samay (in Bengali). Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- Chatterji, Shoma A. "Star, Artist". Rediff. Archived from the original on 19 November 2007. Retrieved 20 March 2007.
- Rafi Hossain (13 January 2015). "INDRANI HALDAR BENGAL AND BEYOND". The Daily Star. Archived from the original on 13 January 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "রবীন্দ্র সংগীত ভেবে গাইলেন 'ধন ধান্য পুষ্প ভরা', নেটদুনিয়ায় তুলোধনা ইন্দ্রানীকে". Hindustantimes Bangla (in Bengali). 24 January 2022. Retrieved 26 January 2022.
- "Zee Bangla to feature Mahalaya special programme 'Matrirupeno'". 20 September 2016.
- "Indrani Halder plays six Devi Durga avatars in Zee Bangla's Mahalaya". 22 September 2017.
- Indrani Haldar bags best actress award in Spain Archived 9 January 2009 at the Wayback Machine