|Native name||ইন্দ্রাণী সেন|
|Origin||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Genres||Adhunik Bengali Songs, Nazrul Sangeet, Rabindra Sangeet|
|Associated acts||Singer, Songwriter|
Indrani Sen is the daughter of singer Sumitra Sen, and her younger sister is Srabani Sen. Her earliest singing was done under her mother's guidance; she then attended Bengal Music College at the University of Calcutta, and was later trained by Debabrata Biswas in classical and Purabi Dutta in Nazrul geeti.
Sen is also the head of the department of economics at a college in Kolkata.
Awards & Achievement
She is a playback singer for Hindi films, Bengali films and T. V serials, and the recipient of several awards, including Banga Bhushan from the Government of West Bengal. Sen performed at the joint India and Bangladesh celebrations marking the 150th anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore at the Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre (IGCC), High Commission of India in 2012..
- Sen, Debolina (15 April 2018). "Series on journey of popular faces hits the web". Times of India. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- Banerjee, Falguni (10 April 2011). "Can never feel lonely with Rabindra Sangeet: Sumitra - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- Alom, Zhangir (13 February 2012). "Songs and poems of Tagore resound at National Museum". Daily Star. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Lesser known facts about Rituparna Sengupta". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- Mukherjee, Abhijeet (11 April 2005). "Back to the roots". The Telegraph. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "State government to confer Banga awards on May 20". The Hindu. 18 May 2014. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|