|Traded as||NSE: INDUSINDBK|
CNX Nifty Constituent
|Founder||S. P. Hinduja|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
|R. Seshasayee |
(MD & CEO) 
|Products||Credit cards, Consumer banking, Corporate banking, Finance and Insurance, Mortgage loans, Private banking, Wealth management, Investment banking|
|Revenue||₹18,577.16 crore (US$2.6 billion) (2017)|
|₹5,451.01 crore (US$760 million) (2017)|
|₹2,867.89 crore (US$400 million) (2017)|
|Total assets||₹178,648.41 crore (US$25 billion) (2017)|
Number of employees
|Capital ratio||15.31% |
IndusInd Bank Limited is a Mumbai based Indian new generation bank, established in 1994. The bank offers commercial, transactional and electronic banking products and services. IndusInd Bank was inaugurated in April 1994 by then Union Finance Minister Manmohan Singh. Indusind Bank is the first among the new-generation private banks in India.
The bank started its operations with a capital amount of Rs. 1 billion among which Rs. 600 million was raised by the Indian Residents and Rs. 400 million was raised by the Non-Resident Indians. The bank has specialized in retail banking services and continuously upgrades its support systems by introducing newer technologies. It is also working on expanding its network of branches all across the country along with meeting the global benchmark. According to the bank, its name is derived from the Indus Valley Civilisation.
As on June 30, 2016, IndusInd Bank has 1,004 branches, and 1885 ATMs spread across 625 geographical locations of the country. It also has representative offices in London, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. . Mumbai has the maximum number of bank branches followed by New Delhi and Chennai. The bank has also proposed to double the branches count to 1200 by March 2017.
The bank began its operations on 17th April 1994 under the chairmanship of S.P. Hinduja with the primary objective of serving the NRI community.
Board of directors
Mr. Romesh Sobti has joined the bank as Managing Director and CEO, taking charge from Mr. Bhaskar Ghose. Mr. R. Seshasayee, a Chartered Accountant by profession is the current Chairman. The other members on the board are Dr. T. T. Ram Mohan, Mr. Ajay Hinduja, Mr. S. C. Tripathi, Mr. Ashok Kini, Mrs. Kanchan Chitale, Mr. Vijay Vaid, Mr. R. S. Sharma and Mr. Y. M. Kale.
- "Balance Sheet 31.03.2017" indusind.com (15 March 2018).
- "INBK - Indusind bank Limited - Google Finance". Finance.google.com. 11 October 2010. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- "Indusind Bank Ltd Company Profile - IBK INDIA Market Size, Market Share and Demand Forecast". Wrightreports.ecnext.com. 31 March 2010. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- "Vision and Mission".
- "Indusind Bank Ltd - Profile". Indusind Bank Ltd. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Indusind Bank Limited - Profile". Indusind Bank Ltd. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Indusind Bank Ltd - Branch Details". All India Codes. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "IndusInd Retail Research Report - Religare Online" (PDF). Religare Securities. June 23, 2014. Retrieved Sep 16, 2014.
- "Indusind Bank Ltd - Board of Directors". Indusind Bank Limited. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.