Indus Motors Company
|Public (Joint venture)|
|Traded as||PSX: INDU|
|Founded||1 July 1990|
|Mr. Ali S. Habib (Chairman), Mr Ali Asghar Jamali (CEO)|
|Revenue||₨96.516 billion (US$680 million) (2015)|
|₨14.184 billion (US$100 million) (2015)|
|₨9.11 billion (US$65 million) (2015)|
|Total assets||₨50.399 billion (US$360 million) (2015)|
|Total equity||₨24.036 billion (US$170 million) (2015)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Toyota Motor Corporation, Toyota Tsusho Corporation, House of Habib|
Indus Motor Company Limited (Urdu: سند موتور), operating as Toyota Indus, is a Pakistani automobile manufacturer and joint venture between House of Habib, Toyota Tsusho and Toyota Motors, based in Karachi, Pakistan since 1990.
Indus Motor is the authorized assembler and manufacturer of Toyota and Daihatsu vehicles, auto parts and accessories in Pakistan since 1 July 1990 at its 105 acres (0.42 km2) manufacturing plant at Port Bin Qasim Industrial Zone, outside Karachi.
Indus Motor was incorporated as a public limited company in December 1989 and started commercial production in May 1993. Shares of company are quoted on the Pakistan Stock Exchange. Toyota Motors and Toyota Tsusho Corporation have a 25% stake in the company while the majority shareholder is House of Habib.
MPVs, SUVs & Pickups
- Toyota Rush
- Toyota Avanza
- Toyota Hilux Single Cabin
- Toyota Hilux E
- Toyota Hilux Revo
- Toyota Fortuner
- Toyota Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser
Buses & Vans
- Indus Motors Company on Reuters.com business website Retrieved 3 May 2019
- Indus, Company. "Company Profile-Toyota Indus". Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- Profile of Indus Motors Company on Business Recorder (newspaper) Published 19 June 2014, Retrieved 3 May 2019
- Company Overview of Indus Motors Company on Bloomberg.com business website Retrieved 3 May 2019
- Indus Motor Company Limited
- Toyota Cars Pakistan
- Indus Motor on Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion 2007 (Forbes.com website)
- Toyota Global ‹See Tfd›(in English)