This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||New Delhi, India
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
Number of locations
|16 Telecom Circles|
|Owner||Indus Towers Limited|
Number of employees
Indus Towers is an independently managed company offering passive infrastructure services to all telecom operators and other wireless services providers such as broadband service providers. Incorporated in November 2007, Indus Towers Limited has been promoted under a joint venture between entities of Bharti Group including Bharti Infratel Limited (rendering telecom and tower infrastructure services in India under the brand name Airtel and Bharti Infratel Limited respectively), Vodafone India (rendering telecom services under the brand name Vodafone) and Aditya Birla Telecom (rendering telecom services under the brand name Idea), to render passive infrastructure services to telecom service providers.
Indus Towers was incorporated with an objective to provide shared telecom infrastructure to telecom operators on a non-discriminatory basis.
In 2016, Indus Towers released their ‘Smart Cities’ vision. A program to create over 30,000 small, smart cell sites by 2020. In 2017, reports suggested that Bharti Infratel, who already owns 42% of Indus Towers, was looking to acquire the 53% stake in Indus Towers, currently owned by Vodacom Group Plc. However in July, the head of Vodaphone stated that they were “actively considering” a float of their stake in Indus Towers. Vodaphone went on to deliver a formal mandate to both Bank of America-Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley to finalize buyers.
- "Belgium Luxembourg Business Association - New Delhi - Indus Towers: Keeping an all-seeing eye on India’s telecom infrastructure". blbanewdelhi.org. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- Sengupta, Devina; Banerjee, Niharika (2017-03-22). "Merger to give Vodafone, Idea edge in divesting Indus Towers stakes". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- Aulakh, Gulveen (2016-11-29). "Indus Towers to invest Rs 100 crore to set up 500 new sites across India". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "TERI and Indus Towers jointly ink MoU on developing innovative renewable energy solutions". The Financial Express. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "TowerXchange - telecom tower industry Indus Towers’ vision for Smart Cities, small cells and a smarter nation! - TowerXchange – telecom tower industry". www.towerxchange.com. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- Alexander, George Smith (2017-06-01). "Bharti Infratel said to sound out banks to fund $8 billion Indus Towers deal". http://www.livemint.com/. Retrieved 2017-07-25. External link in
- Parbat, Kalyan; Kalesh, Baiju (2017-07-01). "Tower sale plan of Vodafone, Idea gathers steam ahead of merger". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "Vodafone India-Idea merger on fast track: Individual towers to be sold at the earliest". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|