Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The school's current logo
|Location||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture is a not-for-profit degree awarding institution in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. The university was established in 1989, thereby empowering it to award its own degrees and was the fourth private institution of higher learning in Pakistan to be given a university status. As of 2008, IVS was the third highest ranking art and design university in Pakistan.
The degrees offered include a 5-year degree program in Architecture and 4 year degree programs in Interior Design, Textile and Communication Design, and Fine Arts. The core degree courses are supported throughout the curriculum with liberal arts courses as well.
It was founded by Arshad Abdulla, Haamid N. Jaffer, Imran Mir, Inayat Ismail, Nighat Mir, Noorjehan Bilgrami, Shahid Abdulla, Shahid Sajjad, Shehnaz Ismail, and Syed Akeel Bilgrami.
- Foundation Studies
- Interior Design
- Communication Design
- Textile Design
- Fine Art
- Liberal Arts
The I.V.S. Alumni Association was established in November 2001 and is supported by the school.
- Sarwat Gilani - Actress and model, studied from this school.
- Some scenes of Zindagi Gulzar Hai a Hum TV serial, were shot in this school.
- Adeela Suleman - Internationally acclaimed sculptor with exhibitions that are scattered across the globe; studied from this institution and now heads the fine arts department.
- Jovita Veronica Alvares - winner of the Imran Mir Art Prize in 2017
The association periodically publishes a newsletter, organizes social events and keeps a close liaison with the school. The alumni office is located on the campus.
- HEC (Higher Education Commission, Pakistan) Recognized Universities and Degree Awarding Institutions http://www.hec.gov.pk/Ourinstitutes/pages/Default.aspx
- - Ranking of Higher Education Commission (HEC) Recognized Universities in Pakistan