Industrial Bank (China)
This article may require copy editing for style. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Joint stock company|
|Headquarters||Fuzhou, Fujian, China|
Gao Jianping (Chairman of the Board)|
Bi Zhonghua (Chairman of Supervisory Board )
|CN¥59.87 billion (2011)|
|CN¥33.66 billion (2011)|
|Total assets||CN¥6.09 trillion (2016)|
Number of employees
Industrial Bank Co., Ltd was established on 26 August 1988, and it was originally known as the Fujian Industrial Bank (Chinese:福建兴业银行).
From June 2001 to 3 March 2003, it was known as Fujian Industrial Bank Joint-Stock Corporation, Limited(福建兴业银行股份有限公司), or abbreviated to Industrial Bank (China). It is one of the first batches of joint-stock commercial banks approved by the State Council and the People's Bank of China. On 5 February 2007, the Industrial Bank was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 601166) with a total registered capital of RMB 10.786 billion. The main business scope of the Industrial Bank includes:
- deposits taken.
- provision of short, medium and long-term loans.
- domestic and international settlement.
- bills acceptance and discounting.
- issuance of financial bonds.
- agency issuing.
- cashing and underwriting of government bonds.
- trading of government bonds and financial bonds.
- agency issuing quoted securities, except equity.
- trading and agency-trading of quoted securities, except equity.
- asset custody business.
- inter-bank borrowing and lending.
- trading or agency trading of foreign exchange.
- settlement and sales of foreign exchange.
- bank card business.
- L/C services and guarantee.
- agency collections and payments.
- safe-box services.
- financial consulting.
- credit investigation
- witness business.
- other banking activities approved by the China's Banking Regulatory Commission.
In March 2012, the Industrial Bank's total assets reached RMB 2,629,398 million, shareholders' equity amounted to RMB 123,957 million, net profit for the first quarter was RMB 8,288 million, and NPL ratio was 0.40%. According to the "Top 1000 World Banks" released by the British Magazine "The Banker" in 2011, the Industrial Bank was ranked 75th in terms of total assets and 83rd in terms of tier 1 capital. The Industrial Bank has opened 79 branches and 662 sub-branches in major cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Tianjin, Shenyang, Zhengzhou, Chongqing, Wuhan, Chengdu, Xi`an, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Taiyuan, Kunming, Changsha, Ningbo, Wenzhou, Yiwu, Taizhou, Dongguan, Foshan, Wuxi, Nanchang, Hefei, Wurumuqi, Dalian, Qingdao, Nanning, Harbin, Shijiazhuang, Huhhot and Changchun. The Industrial Bank has a fully owned subsidiary, Industrial Financial Leasing Co., Ltd., and has acquired a controlling stake in Union Trust Co., Ltd. Headquarters-level operating units such as Financial Markets Center, Credit Card Center, Retail Banking Headquarters, Private Banking Department, Assets Custody Department, Bank Services Center; VIC (Very Important Clients) Department, Investment Banking Department, Futures Finance Department, Funds Finance Department, Trade Finance Center and Sustainable Finance Center have been set up in Shanghai and Beijing.
The main business activities of the Industrial Bank are:
- Deposits taking.
- Provision of loans.
- Local and international payments and settlements.
- Safe-box service.
- Credit cards.
- Bills acceptance and discounting.
- Issuing of financial bonds.
- Provision of letters of credit and guarantee facilities.
- Agency collections and payments; agency sales of insurance.
- Bank card business.
- Agency issuing, cashing and underwriting of government bonds.
- Purchase and sales of government bonds and financial bonds.
- Inter-bank placements and borrowings services.
- Agency service in trading of foreign currencies.
- Settlements and sales of foreign currencies.
As of 5 February 2007, the top ten shareholders in the bank were:
|No.||Company||Shares||Proportion in %|
|1||Financial Bureau of Fujian Province||1020000000||20.40|
|2||Hang Seng Bank Limited||639090000||12.78|
|3||Tetrad Ventures Pte Ltd||199950000||4.00|
|4||China National Cereals Oils & Foodstuffs Corporation||170000000||3.40|
|5||International Finance Corporation||159960000||3.20|
|6||China Electronic Information Industry Group Corporation||150000000||3.00|
|7||Shanghai Baosteel Group Co., Ltd.||145000000||2.90|
|8||Fujian Tobacco Company||133333334||2.67|
|9||Shanghai Guoxin Investment & Development Co., Ltd||88000000||1.76|
|10||Sept-wolves Investment Co., Ltd||85333333||1.71|