An industrial corridor aims to create an area with a cluster of manufacturing or other industry. Such corridors are often created in areas that have preexisting infrastructure, such as ports, highways and railroads. These modalities are arranged such that an "arterial" modality, such as a highway or railroad, receives "feeder" roads or railways. Concerns when creating corridors include correctly assessing demand and viability, transport options for goods and workers, land values, and economic incentives for companies.
Industrial Corridors of India
Economic Corridors of India or Industrial Corridors of India include:
- Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project
- Chennai Bangalore Industrial Corridor
- Mumbai-Bangalore economic corridor
- Amritsar Delhi Kolkata Industrial Corridor
- VANPIC - Vadrevu and Nizampatnam Port Industrial Corridor
- Udhana-Palsana Industrial Corridor
- "Investment opportunities in Corridors, NIMZ and Clu ster under IIUS" (PDF). EMB India. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- Marrian, Brian. "TOWARDS A GENERAL THEORY OF CORRIDOR DEVELOPMENT IN SOUTH AFRICA" (PDF). Retrieved 17 October 2014.