Industry in Finland
- metal industry 37 %
- chemical industry 26 %
- forest industry 19 %
- food, alcohol and tobacco industries 11 %
- other manufacturing 5 %
- mining 1.5 %
- textile and leather industry 0.7 %.
Metal industry is divided to several branches. Finnish exports in 2014 included metals and metal products worth of 14.4%, machinery 12.8%, electronics 12% and vehicles 5.9%. Exports of electronics had decreased since the top years. Shipbuilding (Valmet, Wärtsilä) has long traditions. It In 2014, there were eight shipyards in Finland. They employ 20 000 people and export 90% of their production. Nokia and its subcontractors in mobile phones have dominated electronics.
Forest industry in Finland is at the moment providing a fifth of Finland's exports, a bit less of all industrial production and 15% of jobs. Its relative importance for Finnish economy has been decreasing significantly since the 1960s.
- Teollisuustuotanto 2013 Retrieved 12 April 2016
- "Ulkomaankauppa". Mitä teemme (in Finnish). Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK). Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Marine industry in Finland". Meriteollisuus. Finnish Marine Industries. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- Henkilöstö Kemianteollisuus. Retrieved 12 April 2016
- Suomen metsäteollisuus numeroina Retrieved 12 April 2016