IndyCar Series (video game)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
IndyCar Series is a racing simulator developed by Codemasters. The game was released in 2003 for PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. The game is based on the 2002 IndyCar Series season. A sequel to the game, IndyCar Series 2005 was released on June 24, 2004 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox based on the 2003 IndyCar Series season. For PC, the recommended requirements are Windows 98, Millennium, 2000 and XP, but the game also works with Windows Vista and Windows 7.
The game received mixed critical reception. Eurogamer's Roman Jennings gave it a 7/10, saying, "If we were to recommend an open-wheel racing game to somebody, it wouldn't be this. It would be Formula One 2003. If we were to recommend an arcade racer to somebody, it wouldn't be this. It would be Burnout 2. However, if we were to recommend a well-made racing sim to a real fan of the genre, then IndyCar Series would get a mention."
- Gawith, Nick (June 26, 2003). "Review: IndyCar Series". BBC. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
- Jennings, Roman (April 8, 2003). "IndyCar Series". Eurogamer. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
- Varanini, Giancarlo (June 11, 2003). "IndyCar Series Review". GameSpot. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
- Shirinian, Ara (Jun 14, 2003). "IndyCar Series: A hardcore and accurate simulation that errs on the side of realism". GameSpy. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
- Magruder, Randy (July 2, 2003). "IndyCar Series". IGN. Retrieved October 1, 2017.