Infected (HammerFall album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||May 18, 2011 (Sweden) |
May 20, 2011 (Europe)
June 7, 2011 (North America)
|Recorded|| June 2010 - Early 2011, Red Level 3 Studios Nashville, ⌘-s Studios, Göteborg, Sweden|
Bohus Studios Kungälv, Sweden
|Genre||Heavy metal, Power metal|
|Label||Nuclear Blast Records|
|Producer||James Michael, Oscar Dronjak, Pontus Norgren|
Infected is the eighth studio album by the band HammerFall and was released on May 20, 2011, in Europe and June 7 of that same year in North America. It was their first album produced by James Michael and the HammerFall guitarists Oscar Dronjak and Pontus Norgren. To promote the record, the song "One More Time" was released as the first official single on April 6, 2011. On April 8, 2011, Nuclear Blast Records released a limited edition picture 7" version of the single "One More Time"; the vinyl was limited to 500 copies. The album entered the Swedish charts at number two.
The album's second single Send Me a Sign was released on May 6, 2011 with two tracks: "Send Me a Sign" and "Send Me A Sign (Instrumental)".
The album's third single B.Y.H was released on August 23, 2011 and it has two tracks: "B.Y.H." and "Hol van a szó (Send Me A Sign - Hungarian Version)".
Album cover disputes
After considering potential legal actions and possible negative reception, the original album cover of a black biological hazard symbol on a grey background was changed to the existing bloody hand. Band mascot Hector had been featured prominently on each album cover up to this point, and many fans saw his exclusion from this album as a sign that HammerFall were possibly moving away from their traditional power metal sound. Hector does, however, appear on the "Send Me a Sign" single, and artist Samwise Didier even provides backup vocals on the main album, indicating that fans had likely not seen the last of the chivalrous mascot. Bassist Fredrik Larsson confirmed in a live chat on the official Nuclear Blast Records website that it was indeed not the end of Hector, and he would be featured on future records and merchandise. Hector returned to grace the cover of the band's next album.
|1.||"Patient Zero"||Dronjak, Cans||6:01|
|3.||"One More Time"||Dronjak, Cans||4:07|
|4.||"The Outlaw"||Cans, Norgren||4:10|
|5.||"Send Me a Sign" (Pokolgép cover)||Cans, Pokolgép||4:00|
|6.||"Dia De Los Muertos"||Dronjak, Cans, Larsson||5:07|
|7.||"I Refuse"||Dronjak, Cans||4:32|
|8.||"666 - The Enemy Within"||Dronjak, Cans||4:28|
|10.||"Let's Get It On"||Dronjak||4:05|
- Joacim Cans - lead and backing vocals
- Oscar Dronjak - rhythm, lead guitars, keyboards and backing vocals, production
- Pontus Norgren - rhythm, lead guitars and backing vocals, production
- Fredrik Larsson - bass guitar and backing vocals
- Anders Johansson - drums
- James Michael - production
- James Michael - piano, clavinet, zombie breathing, male voice on #10
- Shanaz - female voice on #01
- Sam Didier - additional backing vocals
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2014-06-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Power Metal de la mano de "Infected", nuevo disco de HammerFall" [Power Metal from the hand of "Infected", new album HammerFall] (in Spanish). Suite101.net. May 24, 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-06-20. Retrieved May 29, 2011.
- "Infected - Hammerfall". Rovi Corporation. June 20, 2013. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "Bravewords.com > News > HAMMERFALL - Infected Bonus Version Available For Pre-Order". Bravewords.com. May 10, 2011. Retrieved May 10, 2011.