|Traded as||ASX: IFN|
Number of locations
|Miles George, CEO|
|Products||Electricity and environmental services|
|1,459 GWh (2015FY)|
|Services||Renewable energy asset management|
|Revenue||AU$133.8 million (2015FY)|
|AU$83.5 million (2015FY)|
|Total assets||AU$2,428.8 million (2015FY)|
|Total equity||AU$160.9 million (FY2015)|
Number of employees
Infigen Energy (Infigen), formerly Babcock & Brown Wind Partners, is a developer, owner and operator of renewable energy generation assets in Australia. Infigen's wind farm portfolio has an installed capacity of 557 MW. All of Infigen's assets generate electricity from renewable sources and are eligible to sell Large-scale Generation Certificates (LGCs) under the mandatory Renewable Energy Target scheme, which operates in Australia under the Renewable Energy (Electricity) Act 2000.
Infigen previously owned a wind farm portfolio in the US. In October 2015 Infigen sold its US wind business to an Arclight Capital partners, LLC for US$274.4 million. The US wind farms are subsequently operated by Leeward Renewable Energy, LLC.
Infigen reports under the Carbon Disclosure Project.
Infigen is a member of the Clean Energy Council.
The name Infigen is derived from the words infinite and generation. Infigen Energy listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in October 2005 under the code IFN. When they joined the ASX, they had three wind farms with an installed capacity of nearly 150 megawatts. According to a 2007 article, they had 33 wind farms with an installed capacity of 1,200 megawatts. As of 2007, they were the world's fourth largest owner of wind farms and are Australia's biggest wind power supplier.
In 2012, Infigen hosted its first "Run with the Wind" marathon at its Woodlawn Wind Farm. The following year, the company hosted their second marathon and were supported by the Greater Western Sydney Giants. In both marathons, the race was one by an Olympian runner Martin Dent, and proceeds were donated to charity.
In 2015, Infigen joined the Carbon Disclosure Project's Road to Paris climate commitments, also known as We Mean Business coalition. The same year Infigen joined Australia's CitySwitch Green Office program, which is a partnership between businesses and local, state and federal governments working together to make a positive impact on climate change.
Australian wind farms
Infigen Energy holds 100% equity interests in its Australian wind farms. All of Infigen's wind farms are accredited by GreenPower.
|Wind farm||Installed Capacity (MW)||Number of turbines||State||Original Equipment Manufacturer||Electricity off-take customer|
|Alinta (also 'Walkaway'||89.1||54||Western Australia||Vestas||Alinta|
|Capital||140.7||67||New South Wales||Suzlon||Sydney Desalination Plant|
|Lake Bonney 1||80.5||46||South Australia||Vestas||Merchant|
|Lake Bonney 2||159||53||South Australia||Vestas||Merchant|
|Lake Bonney 3||39||13||South Australia||Vestas||Merchant|
|Woodlawn||48.3||23||New South Wales||Suzlon||Merchant|
Australian solar farms
Australian wind farms
Infigen Energy holds 100% equity interests in its Australian solar farm.
|Solar farm||Installed Capacity (MW)||State|
|Capital East||0.1||New South Wales|
U.S. wind farms (now owned by Leeward Energy, owned by ArcLight Capital Partners)
In 2014, EDPR had operating expenses of $25.1/MWh for its US wind farms.
List of wind farms in USA
There are 18 renewable energy assets located in nine states across the U.S.:
|Wind farm||Installed Capacity (MW)||Number of turbines||State|
|Combine Hills I||41||41||Oregon|
- "Sydney:IFN". wsj.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- Kohler, Alan (2009-09-27). "Infigen's successful transition". abc.net.au. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- Infigen Energy Annual Report 2015
- Roth, Martin (2009-11-04). "Steaming hot stocks". smh.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- Sarah Thompson; Anthony Macdonald; Joyce Moullaki (2015-12-09). "Renewables crossroads lead to Infigen". afr.com. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- ASX Release: Infigen announces sale of US wind business
- "Babcock & Brown Wind becomes Infigen". businessday.com. Australian Associated Press. 2009-04-29. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- Johnston, Tim (2007-05-31). "Australian investment fund rides the win". nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Australia's small-scale green energy installations reach 2 million". upi.com. 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- McGrath, Pat (2014-01-09). "Renewable energy companies want certainty about review timeline". abc.net.au. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Run with the wind - Off Track". abc.net.au. 2012-11-25. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- "600 runners enter Run With The Wind". goulburnpost.com. 2013-11-19. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- "Vestas launches Act on Facts campaign in battle against anti-wind movement, says "Don't let myths dictate our future"". vestas.com. 2013-06-11. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- Caring for Climate Welcome Letter, UN Global Compact
- Sonal Patel. "DOE Report Highlights Triumph, Trouble for Wind Power Sector" August 12, 2015
- Leeward Energy, operational assets
- Leeward Energy website, operational assets