The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|License||Apache Software License 2.0|
Infinispan is a distributed cache and key-value NoSQL data store software developed by Red Hat. Java applications can embed it as library, use it as a service in WildFly or any non-java applications can use it as remote service through TCP/IP.
Infinispan is the successor of JBoss Cache. The project was announced in 2009.
- Support for LRU and LIRS eviction algorithms
- Through plugable architecture, infinispan is able to persist data to filesystem, relational databases with JDBC, LevelDB, NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Apache Cassandra or HBase and others.
Typical use-cases for Infinispan include:
- Distributed cache, often in front of a database
- Storage for temporal data, like web sessions
- In-memory data processing and analytics
- Cross-JVM communication and shared storage
- MapReduce Implementation in the In-Memory Data Grid.
Infinispan is also used in academia and research as a framework for distributed execution and storage.
- Cloud2Sim leverages Infinispan for its distributed execution of MapReduce workflows and simulations.
- MEDIator data sharing synchronization platform for medical image archives leverages Infinispan as its distributed in-memory storage, as well as distributed execution framework.
- Cassowary uses Infinispan to store the context information in-memory, in order to provide the middleware platform for context-aware smart buildings.
- Francesco Marchioni and Manik Surtani (2012). Infinispan Data Grid Platform. ISBN 9781849518222.
- Manik Surtani. "Infinispan: the Start of a New Era in Open Source Data Grids".
- Manik Surtani. "Infinispan".
- "Infinispan User Guide".
- Kathiravelu, Pradeeban; Veiga, Luís (8 December 2014). An Adaptive Distributed Simulator for Cloud and MapReduce Algorithms and Architectures (PDF). IEEE/ACM 7th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC), 2014. London. pp. 79–88. Archived from the original (pdf) on 8 December 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- Kathiravelu, Pradeeban; Sharma, Ashish (10 August 2015). MEDIator: A Data Sharing Synchronization Platform for Heterogeneous Medical Image Archives (pdf). Workshop on Connected Health at Big Data Era (BigCHat'15) , co-located with 21 st ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2015). Sydney. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- Kathiravelu, Pradeeban; Sharifi, Leila; Veiga, Luís (8 December 2015). Cassowary: Middleware Platform for Context-Aware Smart Buildings with Software-Defined Sensor Networks (PDF). Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Middleware for Context-Aware Applications in the IoT. Vancouver. pp. 1–6. Archived from the original (pdf) on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2016.