|Developer(s)||Infinite Monkeys (Pte Ltd)|
|Initial release||December 2011|
|Operating system||iOS, Android|
Infinite Monkeys is a self-service platform that allows users to create native apps for iPhone, Android and HTML5 mobile websites with no coding knowledge. The company’s name is reference to the Infinite Monkey Theorem.
Infinite Monkeys is headquartered in Singapore. The company was founded by Jay Shapiro and David Hoare. The beta version of Infinite Monkeys was released in September 2011 and went live in December 2011 at the AppNation conference in San Francisco. The company is a virtual organization with staff contracted via oDesk and distributed across six continents.
The platform has a web-based graphic user interface (GUI) that uses a WYSIWYG editor and allows users to take existing web content and third-party feeds to generate apps for iPhone, Android, and HTML5-supported smartphones. Infinite Monkeys uses a drag-and-drop process to organize widgets on the app screen and features a dashboard for users to manage in-app subscriptions, messages and analytics.
In August 2013, the platform acquired fellow mobile app builder AppMakr, and now operates under both the AppMakr and Infinite Monkeys brands. The acquisition has made Infinite Monkeys the world’s largest DIY app publisher.[better source needed]
- Jacquelyn Cheok (September 9, 2013). "Infinite Monkeys now a Gorilla in app market". The Business Times. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Arun Katiyar (July 11, 2012). "Click and create your own apps". Live Mint. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Sara Angeles (2013-03-26). "Build Your Own Apps: 3 DIY App Builders for Non-Programmers". Idea to Appster. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Create Your Own Smartphone App With Infinite Monkeys". Bubblews. 2013-08-27. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Jon Russell (September 11, 2013). "Can't code but want an app? Infinite Monkeys is now the world's largest DIY app publisher". Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Rachel Greene (2013-07-18). "Creating Your Own Mobile Phone App". Tech Sling. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Venkatesh Ganesh (October 3, 2013). "No monkeying around". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Tim Green (2011-04-27). "Infinite Monkeys launches app development platform". Mobile Entertainment. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Infinite Monkeys And The Unbelievable Story Behind Selling His First Company – with Jay Shapiro". Mixergy. 2013-05-24. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Infinite Monkeys: Mobile Development for Humans with Chimp-Level Programming Skills". 2012-02-17. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Sky bet andriod app". Retrieved 5 June 2017.