|Also called||Infiniti JX35|
|Assembly||United States: Smyrna, Tennessee (Smyrna assembly)|
|Designer||Naoyuki Ohkoshi (2009)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Mid-size luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel drive / four-wheel drive|
|Platform||Nissan D platform|
|Electric motor||20 hp (15 kW) (Hybrid 2015)|
|Hybrid drivetrain||Parallel hybrid|
|Battery||0.6 kWh lithium ion (Hybrid)|
|Wheelbase||114.2 in (2,901 mm).|
|Length||196.4 in (4,989 mm).|
|Width||77.2 in (1,961 mm).|
|Height||67.8 in (1,722 mm)|
|Curb weight||4,280 lb (1,941 kg) (FWD)
4,419 lb (2,004 kg) (AWD)
4,625 lb (2,098 kg) (Hybrid, AWD)
The Infiniti QX60 body code L50 (formerly called the Infiniti JX until 2013) is a seven-passenger mid-size luxury crossover SUV introduced by the Infiniti division of Japanese automaker Nissan in April 2012 in the United States as a 2013 model. A concept version debuted at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance event, while the production model was unveiled at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show. It is underpinned by an elongated Nissan Murano platform.
The QX60 is also the first three-row crossover to be released by Infiniti. Design work was done through 2009, by Naoyuki Ohkoshi under Shiro Nakamura. In 2012 Nissan announced that its mid-size SUV Pathfinder will also have the same platform as the QX60 for the 2013 model year. In keeping with Infiniti's new naming scheme for 2014, in which cars begin with Q and SUV's begin with QX, the JX was renamed "QX60." While the number previously denoted engine displacement (for example, 35=3.5L engine), the new number, 60, is largely to do with its place in the product lineup, with larger numbers usually corresponding to more expensive vehicles. This is also the first Infiniti to be 100% built in the US.
Drivetrain and engine
The QX60's 3.5 liter V6 engine produces an output of 265 hp (198 kW) and 248 pound-feet (336 N·m). The QX60 uses a continuously variable transmission. For the 2014 model year, a hybrid version was introduced. The hybrid is powered by a supercharged 2.5-liter twin-cam 16-valve four cylinder engine with an electric motor and a compact lithium-ion battery pack that is located under the 3rd row seat. The new supercharged inline-four (QR25DER) is rated at 230 hp (170 kW) and 243 pound-feet (329 N·m), while the 15-kW electric motor kicks in 20 horsepower and 29 lb-ft. Claimed total system power stands at 250 hp (190 kW) and 243 pound-feet (329 N·m). Nissan skipped the 2015 model year for the QX60 Hybrid due to poor gasoline sales in the United States. Production for the QX60 Hybrid resumed in 2016, but production ended on the Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid after 2014 for good.
Performance and safety
- 0–60 mph (97 km/h) 8.6s
- 3.5-liter 24-valve V6 engine, aluminum-alloy block and heads
- 12.6 x 1.10-inch ventilated discs/12.13 x 0.63-inch ventilated discs; 4-wheel, 4-channel ABS
- Automatic-on/off high intensity discharge bi-functional xenon headlights
- Integrated front fog lights
- LED rear brake lights and center high-mounted stoplight
|Side Pole Driver:|
|Moderate overlap frontal offset||Good|
|Small overlap frontal offset (2015–present)||Good1|
- 1 vehicle structure rated "Good"
- 2 strength-to-weight ratio: 4.68
- Bose 13-speaker Premium Audio system, AM/FM/CD/DVD/XM (SeriusXM service ) with MP3 playback capability, Radio Data System (RDS) and speed-sensitive volume control (If So Equipped)
- Streaming audio via Bluetooth wireless technology (With Navigation Package) Single in-dash CD player
- 60/40 Split second row Seats with recline
- 50/50-split folding third-row seat with recline
- Power Moonroof (Will be replaced by Tri-Pane Panoramic Moonroof only on QX60 Models Equipped with Deluxe Touring/Technology Package)
- Heated Front Seats
- Rearview Camera
- Lumbar Support
- USB port
- AroundView@ Monitor (If So Equipped)
- Mobile Rear Seat Entertainment System (If So Equipped)
- 12v outlet
- 120v outlet (Equipped Only on QX60 Models with Mobile Rear Seat Entertainment System)
- Heated and Cooled Front Seats (If So Equipped)
- Heated Rear Outboard Seats (If So Equipped)
- HomeLink@ Universal Transceiver/Garage Door Opener
- Front Wheel Drive
- All Wheel Drive (If So Equipped)
- Hands Free Phone System
- Remote Engine Start (If So Equipped)
- Navigation System (If So Equipped)
- Touch Screen Radio/Display Screen (If So Equipped)
- Tri-Pane Panoramic Moonroof (If So Equipped)
- Lane Departure Warning/Prevention (If So Equipped)
- Backup Collision Intervention/Blind Spot Warning/Intervention (If So Equipped)
- Roof Rails (If So Equipped)
- Roof Rail Crossbars (Requires Roof Rails) (If So Equipped)
- Rain Sensing Wipers (If So Equipped)
- Driver's Memory Seat System (If So Equipped)
- INFINITI HYBRID SYSTEM (Hybrid Models Only)
2016 Model Year Update
For 2016, the QX60 will have an exterior refresh which features a new facelift with restyled headlights and taillights (LED Daytime Running Lights are added to the headlight assembly on U.S. QX60 Models and is with the restyled BI-XENON HID Projector Headlamps and Front Turn Signal Lights for 2016), LED Fog Lights, Rear Turn Signal Lights (For 2016 they're now the same color as the Rear Brake Lights "Red"), an interior update which now adds 3 USB ports to all 2016 Infiniti QX60 Non-Hybrid Models versus the 2015 Infiniti QX60 which only features 1 USB port, and updated Deluxe Touring Package. The Technology Package will be standard on all 2016 QX60 models equipped with the Deluxe Touring Package and will be renamed as Deluxe Technology Package which includes Pre-crash Front Seatbelts, Front and Rear Sonar System, Backup Collision Intervention, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning/Prevention, Roof Rails with Crossbars, Panoramic Moonroof with sunshade for all seven passengers, Climate-controlled front seats switch, Blind Spot Warning/Intervention, Distance Control Assist, BOSE Surround Sound System with 15- speakers and 5.1 channel decoding, Heated Outboard Second Row Seats, Advanced Climate-controlled System, 20-7.5 Inch Wheels, Active Trace Control, Eco Pedal, Unique Seat Quilts (Front and Outboard Second Row Seats), Forward Emergency Breaking with Pedestrian Detection, Power Fold Third Row Seats (Not available on Hybrid Models), and Maple Interior Accents. All 2016 QX60 Models and it's cousin the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder Model will have redesigned cupholders plus new exterior colors, new CVT with a new V6 Engine (2017 Nissan Pathfinder and 2016 Infiniti QX60 Non-Hybrid Models) and a new CVT with Manual Shift with a new 250 hp 2.5L I-4 Supercharged Hybrid Engine with INFINITI HYBRID RESPONSE (2016 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Models).
The QX60 Hybrid Models also received a new facelift with restyled headlights and taillights for 2016, just like the gasoline version but has Premium Package, Navigation System, AroundView@ Monitor, HEV Gauge, Remote Engine Start, Driver's Memory Seat System, Pedestrian Detection, Lithium-Ion Battery (Located under 3rd Row seats), Electric Motor, CVT with Manual Shift, 250 hp 2.5L I-4 Supercharged Hybrid Engine with INFINITI HYBRID RESPONSE, Active Noise Control, Rear Lithium-Ion Battery air vents, regenerative braking, HYBRID EMBLEM, and Roof Rails without Crossbars as additional standard features added to the QX60 Hybrid versus the Gasoline QX60.
- Naoyuki Ohkoshi at LinkedIn
- "eSearch for EUIPO database". European Union Intellectual Property Office.
- "Hideo Kodama". Marktplatz-Mittelstand.de (in German). Retrieved April 19, 2016.
- 2013 Infiniti JX Concept Sketch, Car & Driver; retrieved 04-20-2011
- Wilson, Tom (August 2012). "2013 Infiniti JX". Road & Track 63 (12): 43.
- Stoy, Andrew (April 30, 2012). "Leisure & Luxury". Autoweek 62 (9): 37.
- "2016 Infiniti QX60 SUV AWD". National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "2015 Infiniti QX60 Midsize luxury SUV / 2015 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4-door 4wd". IIHS. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
|Infiniti, a division of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., road car timeline, 1990–present|
|Entry-level luxury car||G20||G20||G35||G25 / G35 / G37 (Q40)|
|Mid-size luxury car||I30||I30 / I35|
|J30||M45||M35 / M45||M37 / M56 (Q70)|
|Full-size luxury car||Q45||Q45||Q45||Q70L|
|Compact crossover SUV||QX30|
|EX35 / EX37 (QX50)|
|Mid-size crossover SUV||JX35 (QX60)|
|FX35 / FX45||FX35 / FX37 / FX50 (QX70)|
|Full-size SUV||QX56||QX56 (QX80)|