Info-Tech Research Group
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Research and Advisory Services|
|Headquarters||London, Ontario, Canada|
|Joel McLean (Founder & CEO)|
Number of employees
Info-Tech Research Group Inc. is a research and advisory firm founded in 1997 by Joel McLean. The company has offices in London, Toronto and Las Vegas. The company's original focus was on providing research and insights to IT leaders. In 2010, Info-Tech launched a new division, McLean & Company, focused on providing the same set of services to HR leaders.
Info-Tech produces research to help Chief information officers, Chief Human Resource Officers, and IT/HR leaders make strategic decisions. Info-Tech partners with executives to provide tactical solutions such as actionable tools and analyst guidance to drive measurable results.
Core research services
Info-Tech’s services cover a wide range of challenges and initiatives:
- Projects & Technology—Actionable solutions, based on best practices research on applications, infrastructure, strategy and leadership
- Process & Governance—Helping with governance, strategy, enterprise architecture, IT management and policies
- Benchmarking & Diagnostics—Benchmarking tools help IT/HR departments to assess their budget, staffing and the organization’s satisfaction with their IT/HR department
- Tools & Resources—Resources include: peer-to-peer networking, purchase optimization/contract reviews, vendor evaluations, videos/webinars, job descriptions and templates
- Workshops—On-site collaborative experiences help IT/HR teams develop core IT/HR processes
- Consulting—Analysts help IT leaders manage more effectively
- Events—Info-Tech Exchange, a one-day event held in major cities in the U.S. and Canada, provides IT leaders with the opportunity to share ideas and insights on critical IT challenges. Info-Tech also attends a large number of third party events through the year.
New London location
It was announced in the London Free Press on July 8, 2015 that Bob Schram of Sterling Marking  sold nearly an entire city block to Joel McLean. This new purchase puts McLean in ownership of the 75,000-square-foot block at the corner of King St. and Ridout St. This purchase will allow Info-Tech more space for their expanding staff that no longer fit in its headquarters at Queens and Adelaide. The full article can be found on the London Free Press website.
Info-Tech ranked 456th on the 2015 Profit 500 list of Canada's fastest-growing companies. Info-Tech has also repeatedly been named one of the 50 best workplaces in Canada. Info-Tech was also placed on Profit 500's 2004 list of Canada's fastest-growing companies, and ranked 34th on Profit's list of Canada's hottest startups.
GHRC: The Gaming & Hospitality Research Center is an industry specific component of Info-Tech that evaluates vendors and products specific to this industry. GHRC Page
NATRC: The Native American Technology Research Center is specifically designed for the tribal community. It works to provide this community with a revolutionary way to evaluate their technology. NATRC Page