Infocomm Media Development Authority
|Formed||1 October 2016|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||10 Pasir Panjang Road, #03-01, Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117438|
|Annual budget||S$34 million (2011)[better source needed]|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Communications and Information|
Following the passing of the Info-communications Media Development Authority Bill in Parliament on 16 August 2016, IMDA was launched on 30 September that year. This was preceded by the restructuring and merger of the Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) and the Media Development Authority (MDA).
- SMEs Go Digital - A programme that gives businesses pre-approved digital solutions and assist them in digitalising their business.
- Digital Economy Framework for Action - Aims to sharpen Singapore's digital edge by accelerating the digitalisation of industries and businesses, improve international competitiveness, and transform the infocomm and media sector via frontier technology.
- Services 4.0 - An initiative offering programmes to help businesses meet a new services industry that is enabled by emerging technology. Some programmes include GoCloud for ICT SMEs, PIXEL and Digital Services Laboratory (DSL).
- Digital Readiness - An initiative providing programmes that help Singaporeans use technology actively, responsibly and confidently.
- TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) - A collaborative initiative with SkillsFuture Singapore that aims to prepare the Singapore workforce for the digital economy. It offers programmes and grants that help professionals build and develop relevant ICT skills.
- "New chief executive appointed to Infocomm Media Development Authority". CNA. 15 June 2020. Retrieved 22 June 2020.
- "Parliament passes Info-communications Media Development Authority Bill - Channel NewsAsia". 26 August 2016. Archived from the original on 26 August 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "IMDA to Empower Businesses, Workers and Communities to Seize Opportunities in a Digital Future". Infocomm Media Development Authority. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- Choudhury, Amit Roy (19 January 2016). "IDA, MDA restructuring to create new entities (Amended)". The Business Times. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "About IMDA". Infocomm Media Development Authority. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- Lee, Jamie (18 February 2019). "Singapore Budget 2019: SMEs Go Digital programme to be expanded". The Business Times. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "SMEs Go Digital". Infocomm Media Development Authority. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "Singapore's IMDA introduces Digital Economy Framework for Action to promote collaboration". OpenGov Asia. 22 May 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- Bose, Mohit Mehrotra, Samrat (26 February 2019). "In pursuit of Services 4.0 - a Singapore perspective". The Business Times. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "IMDA identifies Services 4.0 as future of services in a digital economy". www.connectedtoindia.com. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "Singapore Technology Roadmap identifies Services 4.0 as the future of services". Digital News Asia. 23 November 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "Digital Readiness". Infocomm Media Development Authority. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA)". Infocomm Media Development Authority. Retrieved 9 December 2019.