|License||Free & paid subscriptions|
It allows people to make and share digital charts, infographics and maps. Infogram offers an intuitive WYSIWYG editor that converts users’ data into infographics that can be published, embedded or shared. Users do not need coding skills to use this tool; users include newsrooms, marketing teams, governments, educators and students.
The company that created Infogram, also called Infogram, was founded in 2012 in Riga, Latvia and has another office in San Francisco. As of October 2017, Infogram says it has 3 million users who have created charts and infographics that have been viewed more than 1.5 billion times.
Infogram was bought by Prezi, a web-based presentation software company, in May 2017.
In January 2013, Infogram won the international Hy Berlin pitch contest. During his pitch, Infogram CEO Uldis Leiterts announced that the company had created more templates and was working with Microsoft to integrate its platform with the contemporaneous version of Microsoft Office.
In December 2014, Infogram acquired the Brazil-based data visualization blog, Visualoop.
In an effort to expand sales and marketing in the U.S., Infogram secured $1.8 million in funding in February 2014. The announcement was made at TechChill, a startup conference for the Baltics in Riga, Latvia. At the time, the funding was believed to be the largest to date for the company.
Infogram won the 2017 National Design Award of Latvia.
Acquisition by Prezi
Infogram was rated #1 on Forbes’ list of “The Best Infographic Tools for 2017,” which was published in September 2017.
In October 2017, Infogram announced a new version of its data visualization platform, including a drag-and-drop editor, over 40 new designer templates and social media support.
- Butcher, Mike (2014-02-13). “Infogr.am Secures $1.8M To Scale Its Simple Real-Time Info-Graphics Platform”. TechCrunch. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Sawer, Paul (2017-05-16). “Prezi makes its first acquisition, snaps up Latvian data visualization startup Infogram”. VentureBeat. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- “Infogram Announces New Version of Leading Data Visualization Platform”. PR Newswire. October, 24, 2017. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Bryan, Martin (2013-01-19). “Easy infographics, a ‘GitHub for the real world’ and a Roomba for solar panels win at Hy Berlin”. The Next Web. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards. 2013. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards - About. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Sawers, Paul (2014-12-03) “Infographics platform Infogr.am bets big on Brazil as it acquires data-visualization blog Visualoop”. VentureBeat. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- National Design Award of Latvia. “1st place - Data Visualization Platform ‘Infogram’”. 2017. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Marr, Bernard (2017-09-17). “Data Visualization: The Best Infographic Tools For 2017”. Fortune. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- “Infogram Announces New Version of Data Visualization Platform”. EContent. October 26, 2017. Retrieved December 19, 2017.