||The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||Formerly NASDAQ: INFA |
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, United States|
|Anil Chakravarthy (CEO)|
|Products||Data Integration, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Information Lifecycle Management, Cloud|
|Revenue||US$1.05 billion (2014)|
|US$114 million (2014)|
Number of employees
Informatica is a software development company founded in 1993 . It is headquartered in Redwood City, California. It was co-founded by Gaurav Dhillon and Diaz Nesamoney. Anil Chakravarthy is the company's CEO.
The company was founded in 1993.
On April 7, 2015, Permira and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board announced that a company controlled by the Permira funds and CPPIB has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Informatica for approximately US$5.3 billion.
On August 6, 2015, Informatica announced completion of acquisition with Microsoft and Salesforce Ventures joined as strategic investors. The company's stock ceased trading on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol INFA effective on the same date. In December 2015, Gartner recognized Informatica in its December 2015 Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology report.
Informatica's product is a portfolio focused on data integration: ETL, information lifecycle management, B2B data exchange, cloud data integration, complex event processing, data masking, data quality, data replication, data virtualization, master data management, ultra messaging. These components form a toolset for establishing and maintaining enterprise-wide data warehouses. It has a customer base of over 5,000 companies.
In 2006, Informatica launched its Informatica Cloud business.
In 2010, the Informatica Marketplace was launched offering a data integration eco-system for Partners, Customers, Developers and Informatica to share and leverage data integration solutions. As of September 2014, it features over 1,300 pre-built mappings, templates, connectors and add-ons for Informatica data integration and cloud data integration products.
|Revenue (USD) ||1,047,954,000||948,171,000||811,571,000||783,779,000||650,076,000||600,693,000|
|Net Income (USD) ||114,087,000||86,400,000||93,180,000||117,500,000||86,320,000||54,210,000|
- Konrad, Alex (6 August 2015). "Microsoft And Salesforce Join In $5.3 Billion Buyout Of Informatica". Forbes. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Form 10-K (Annual Report), US SEC, retrieved 1 Sep 2015
- Informatica, Informatica website, retrieved 15 May 2010
- "Informatica Announces Agreement to be Acquired by The Permira Funds and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board". permira.com. Retrieved Apr 7, 2015.
- "Informatica Corporation Announces Completion of Acquisition by the Permira Funds and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board". informatica.com. Retrieved Aug 7, 2015.
- "Salesforce Ventures and Microsoft Join Informatica Buyout". nytimes.com. Retrieved Aug 7, 2015.
- "Microsoft And Salesforce Join In $5.3 Billion Buyout Of Informatica". forbes.com. Retrieved Aug 7, 2015.
- "Gartner Positions Informatica as a Leader in 2015 Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology, Worldwide". GlobeNewswire. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools, Gartner, 25 November 2009, retrieved 15 May 2010
- Adrian, Merv (10 June 2010), Informatica Re-Factors the Value Chain for the Cloud, IT Market Strategy, retrieved 7 July 2010
- "Informatica Marketplace-Press Release". Informatica. Feb 9, 2010.
- "Informatica Marketplace - Home". marketplace.informatica.com. Retrieved Sep 17, 2014.
- "Informatica Tutorial"
- Karel, Rob (28 January 2010), Introducing The MDM Market's Newest 800lb Gorilla: Informatica Acquires Siperian!, Forrester, retrieved 15 May 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Informatica Corporation.|