|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2012)|
|VP, Editor In Chief||Rob Preston|
|Based in||San Francisco, California|
InformationWeek is a digital magazine which conducts corresponding face-to-face events, virtual events, and research. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was first published in 1985 by CMP Media, later called CMP Technology.
- May 1997 through 2000 – The worldwide regional publications of LAN Magazine were renamed to the already existing Network Magazine. Networkmagazine.com and lanmag.com now redirect to informationweek.com
- September 2005 – Network Magazine (networkmagazine.com) was renamed IT Architect (itarchitect.com). The offline publication was shut down after the March 2006 issue. itarchitect.com now redirects to InformationWeek.
- June 2006 – The company announced that offline publication of Network Computing would be merged with Information Week. Online, Network Computing (networkcomputing.com) would provide technical content, whereas informationweek.com would provide news.
- 2008 – CMP Technology was restructured into four independent operating divisions under the common banner of UBM.
- 2013 – The monthly Information Week print magazine ceased publication. It had 220,000 print magazine subscribers (many of whom received free promotional subscriptions).
InformationWeek's stated mission is "the business value of technology". The InformationWeek website features news, an array of proprietary InformationWeek research, analysis on IT trends, a whitepaper library, and editorial content.
- The annual InformationWeek 500 (a listing of the nation's top users of information technology)
- The National IT Salary Survey (IT employee-based compensation and benefits study)
- The Global Information Security Study (6 languages, more than 15 countries participate)
InformationWeek runs events such as the InformationWeek 500 Conference & Gala Awards.
There are 2.24 million average unique monthly visitors to InformationWeek.com, and more than 40,000 attendees of face-to-face and virtual events. More than 2 million are business technology buyers.
The BrainYard is a news and commentary website focused on social business produced by InformationWeek and the Enterprise 2.0 Conference. It covers the business uses of social media and collaboration technologies, including enterprise social networks for internal collaboration, social communities for customer support, and the sales, marketing, and customer support uses of public social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. The site also covers other enterprise collaboration technologies, such as videoconferencing and unified communications, particularly to the extent these are converging with social software.
- "CMP Media Inc. History". Funding Universe. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "Alan Zeichick". camdenassociates.com. Under the Technical Publishing heading. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "New name, hot technologies.(Editorial)". highbeam.com. United States edition. 1 May 1997.
- "Gazing through the crystal ball - Editorial". networkmagazineindia.com. India edition (Network Magazine). August 2001.
- "CMP Media's Network Magazine Changes Name to IT Architect Effective with September 2005 Issue". prnewswire.com. 1 September 2005.
- Zeichick, Alan (13 June 2007). "CMP whacks Network Computing, Optimize". blogspot.com. Seventh paragraph: Former editor-in-chief of Network Magazine.
- "In Major Restructuring, CMP Focuses Online". foliomag.com. 13 June 2007.
- BPA Worldwide, InformationWeek's December 2012 Audit Statement
- "InformationWeek Reports". informationweekanalytics.com. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "InformationWeek Reports". informationweekreports.com. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "InformationWeek 500". InformationWeek. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Informationweek.com Reports
- "Events". InformationWeek. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Omniture SiteCatalyst Report: Jan - Dec 2012
- UBM TechWeb Introduces The BrainYard
- The BrainYard Wins 2012 min's Best of the Web Award
- Min's Best of the Web 2012 Winners
- Official website
- InformationWeek iPad App
- InformationWeek India
- UBM Tech (publisher of InformationWeek)
- UBM (parent company of UBM Tech)
- Network Computing
- The BrainYard Official Website