Information Warfare Wing RAAF
|Role||Information warfare support|
|Part of||Aerospace Operational Support Group|
|Garrison/HQ||RAAF Base Edinburgh|
The Information Warfare Wing (IWWG) of the Royal Australian Air Force's Aerospace Operational Support Group (AOSG) is the Australian Defence Force's central institution dealing with tactical information warfare.
Although under the command of the Air Force, the IWWG draws personnel from both the Australian Army and Navy. In turn the IWWG develops and manages information warfare capabilities for land and maritime theatres in addition to aerospace.
The Information Warfare Wing contains the following units:
- The Joint Electronic Warfare Operational Support Unit (JEWOSU) provides electronic warfare (EW) support to the Australian Navy, Army and Air Force and advice to the Defence Materiel Organisation (DMO) and Defence Intelligence Group.
- The RAAF Aeronautical Information Service (RAAF AIS) furnishes the Australian Defence Force with aeronautical information to support air operations.
- No 87 Squadron produces Air Force intelligence targeted to other units in the Air Force.
- No 462 Squadron exploits and protect against information warfare to support air operations.
- No 460 Squadron assists the Australian Defence Imagery and Geospatial Organisation in the production of geospatial intelligence and precision target intelligence.
- "Aerospace Operational Support Group". Royal Australian Air Force. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
|This article about the military of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|