||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Steven C.F. Anderson|
InfrastructureUSA is a nonprofit online community that advocates for comprehensive infrastructure investment in the United States. InfrastructureUSA is a nonprofit project fiscally sponsored by FJC, A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds.
InfrastructureUSA's web content is largely divided into four sections: The Infra Blog, Infra Views, Show Us Your Infra and Infra Polls.
The Infra Blog
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx
- U.S. Secretary of Energy Dr. Ernest Moniz
- Former Governor Ed Rendell
- U.S. Representative Richard L. Hanna
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Executive Director Frederick "Bud" Wright.
- Transportation for America Director James Corless
- Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA) General President Terry O’Sullivan
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) President & CEO David Raymond
- Smart Growth America President and CEO Geoffrey Anderson
- Harvard Business School Professor Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood
- Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta
- Former House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman John Mica
- National Urban League President Marc Morial
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Acting Administrator Therese W. McMillan
- Urban Land Institute CEO Patrick L. Phillips
- League of American Bicyclists President Andy Clarke
- Next American City Executive Director Diana Lind
- American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) President Pete Ruane
- Infra Views aggregates reports and studies from hundreds of think tanks, advocacy groups, trade and professional associations and government agencies. Much of the content is available as an excerpt online, with an option to download the full version as a PDF.
Show Us Your Infra!
- Showcases visual-based media from external sources like Flickr, YouTube and Vimeo
- Anyone can create a username and post directly to the Show Us Your Infra! page
- Poses questions related to infrastructure with several possible responses. Users "vote" for an answer, and the current tally is displayed as a bar graph.
Primary seed funding for InfrastructureUSA comes from: American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), AECOM, New York Building Foundation, John Hennessy III, P.E., and Anderson Productions Ltd.
- "InfrastructureUSA jumpstarts community involvement in infrastructure". Underground Construction. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "America’s Infrastructure Is Key to Good Jobs, Economic Security and Quality of Life This post originally appeared at Infrastructure USA". Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Higashide, Steven. "TSTC’s Kate Slevin Speaks With InfrastructureUSA". Mobilizing the Region. Tri-State Transportation Campaign. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Frederick G. "Bud" Wright, Executive Director, AASHTO". Retrieved December 11, 2015.