Ingå – Inkoo
Location of Ingå in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Jarl Boström|
|• Total||954.02 km2 (368.35 sq mi)|
|• Land||349.85 km2 (135.08 sq mi)|
|• Water||604.21 km2 (233.29 sq mi)|
|Area rank||220th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||164th largest in Finland|
|• Density||15.46/km2 (40.0/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Swedish||56% (official)|
|• Finnish||41.5% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||18.8%|
|• 15 to 64||64%|
|• 65 or older||17.3%|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.75%|
Ingå is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Uusimaa region. The municipality has a population of 5,410 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 954.02 square kilometres (368.35 sq mi) of which 604.21 km2 (233.29 sq mi) is water. The population density is 15.46 inhabitants per square kilometre (40.0/sq mi).
Finnish national road 51 goes right through the southern part of Ingå.
The centre consists mainly of the road Bollstavägen that cuts through the Ingå centrum. Along the road are most of the major buildings and shops of the small municipality. A few grocery stores, small kiosk, library and a bar. Towards the Road 51 there is the residential area. Near road 51, at the northern tip of the residential area is the Ingå Volunteer Rescue Company. Nearby villages include Kusans.
Results of the Finnish parliamentary election, 2011 in Ingå:
- Swedish People's Party 41.5%
- National Coalition Party 20.3%
- Social Democratic Party 16.8%
- True Finns 9.0%
- Green League 5.4%
- Left Alliance 2.4%
- Centre Party 1.8%
- Christian Democrats 1.5%
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Ingå at Wikimedia Commons
Ingå travel guide from Wikivoyage