Ingeborg is a Scandinavian feminine given name, mostly used in Denmark and Norway, derived from Old Norse Ingiborg, Ingibjǫrg, combining the theonym Ing with the element borg "stronghold, protection". Ingebjørg is the Norwegian variant of the name, and Ingibjörg is the Icelandic variant.
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: cleanup random list of people, at least give birth/death dates (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
People called Ingeborg:
- Ingeborg, mother of Ragnvald Ulfsson
- Ingeborg of Denmark, Queen of France, wife of Philip II of France and daughter of Valdemar I of Denmark
- Ingeborg of Denmark, Duchess of Mecklenburg, wife of Henry III, Duke of Mecklenburg, daughter of Valdemar IV of Denmark
- Ingeborg of Denmark, Queen of Norway, wife of Magnus VI and daughter of Eric IV
- Ingeborg of Norway (a.k.a. Duchess Ingeborg, Ingibjörg Hákonardóttir, Ingeborg Håkansdotter), a Scandinavian royal duchess and sometime regent of Norway and Sweden.
- The daughter of the Norwegian king Beli, in Friðþjófs saga ins frœkna.
- The daughter of the Swedish king Östen Beli, who was betrothed to Ragnar Lodbrok.
- The daughter of the Swedish king Yngvi, who was in love with the Swedish hero Hjalmar.
- Princess Ingeborg of Denmark, daughter of Frederick VIII of Denmark and Lovisa of Sweden, wife of Charles of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland
- Ingeborg Eriksdotter of Sweden, daughter of Eric X of Sweden, wife of Birger jarl and mother of Valdemar I of Sweden
- Ingeborg of Kiev, mother of Valdemar I of Denmark
- Ingeborg Eriksdottir of Norway a Scandinavian royal duchess and sometime regent of Norway and Sweden.
- Ingeborg Magnusdotter of Sweden, a princess of Sweden and Queen of Denmark
- Princess Ingeborg of Denmark, fifth child of King Frederick VIII and Queen Louise of Denmark.
- Ingeborg Akeleye, Norwegian noble
- Ingeborg Bachmann, an Austrian poet and author
- Ingeborg Brams, Danish actress
- Ingeborg Sørensen, a Norwegian model
- Ingeborg Fülepp, a Croatian artist
- Ingeborg Tott (Ingeborg Aagesdotter of the Thott), (aka Ingeborg Åkesdotter), consort of the Swedish regent Sten Sture the elder
- Ingeborg Hallstein, a German opera singer
- Ingeborg of Holstein, Abbess
- Ingeborg Mello, an Argentine track and field athlete
- Ingeborg i Mjärhult, a Swedish natural healer
- Ingeborg de Beausacq, an American photographer and explorer
- Ingeborg Tryggvasdotter, the daughter of Tryggve Olafsson, the grandson of Harald Fairhair, and the sister of Olaf I of Norway
- Ingeborg Hunzinger, a German sculptor
- Ingeborg Pfüller, an Argentine discus thrower
- Ingeborg Rapoport, German neonatologist, the oldest person to receive a PhD in 2015.
- Ingeborg Refling Hagen, a Norwegian author and teacher
- Ingeborg Schmitz, a German Olympic swimmer
- Ingeborg Eriksdotter of Sweden, first wife of Birger jarl, eldest sister of king Eric XI of Sweden
- Ingeborg Gjærum, a Norwegian environmentalist
- Ingeborg Grässle, a German politician and Member of the European Parliament
- Ingeborg Sergeant, a Belgian singer and television presenter
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|