Inglemoor High School
|Inglemoor High School|
|Motto||Be Loud Be Proud Be Positive|
|Location||Kenmore, Washington, USA|
|District||Northshore School District|
|Colors||Black and Gold|
|Newspaper||The Nordic News|
Inglemoor High School is a public high school located in Kenmore, Washington. It is one of the largest high schools in the state of Washington and has an average of 23.4 students per teacher. Inglemoor's feeder schools are Kenmore and Northshore Junior Highs and Arrowhead, Kenmore, Lockwood, Moorlands, Shelton View, and Woodmoor Elementary Schools. In addition, Inglemoor annually accepts many waivers from other districts due to the popularity of its International Baccalaureate program .
Students at Inglemoor have an average reading proficiency of 88.7% and a math proficiency of 75.2%. Math scores have steadily risen in the past four years[when?], and reading scores have made a comeback[when?]. Inglemoor students consistently score higher than the average district and state student.. In 2007, Inglemoor was honored as a No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon School, one of only 238 public schools nationwide to be honored, for its consistent, high performance in reading and math.
In the Vancouver Heritage Festival of 2007, five of Inglemoor's instrumental groups and three vocal groups all won First Place Gold in their respective categories, sweeping all of the sections they entered in.
As of 2008, 73.4% of Inglemoor students are White/Caucasian, 15.0% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 6.0% are Hispanic, 2.8% are Black, and 1.1% are American Indian/Alaskan Native.
In the Northshore School District where Inglemoor is located, the median household income is at $235,102 compared to a state median of $72,098. The median home value is $410,375  compared to a state median of $160,737 .
Inglemoor's sports teams play in the KingCo 4A conference, and in many cases use Pop Keeney Stadium, located in Bothell, WA, as their home field. The Girls Swim and Dive team has earned four state championships. The Vikings' main rivals are the Bothell Cougars. Sports: Cross Country, Football, Boys Golf, Girls Soccer, Girls Swim and Dive, Volleyball, Boys Tennis, Boys Water Polo, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Gymnastics, Boys Swim and Dive, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, Girls Golf, Boys Soccer, Track and Field, Girls Tennis, Girls Water Polo.
- D.D. Acholonu - Houston Texans and Montreal Alouettes linebacker
- Victor Cheng - Most decorated sprinter in Yale history
- Korel Engin - Gold medal basketball player
- Bobby Jenks - Boston Red Sox setup man
- Blake Lewis - American Idol finalist
- Evan Meek - Pittsburgh Pirates relief pitcher
- Jeff Gove - professional golfer
- Charissa Thompson - ESPN personality
- Jamie Finch - Professional soccer player for the Carolina RailHawks.
- Anthony Arena - Professional soccer player for the Houston Dynamo.
- Sherwin Shayegan, the Piggyback Bandit.
- Tuinstra, Rachel (2007-11-14). "It's a blue-ribbon day for Inglemoor High". The Seattle Times. Retrieved May 27, 2008.
- "Inglemoor High School Student Demographics". www.schoolmatters.com. 2008. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- "THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF INGLEMOOR HIGH SCHOOL VIKING FOOTBALL". AllWebCo Design & Hosting. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- Watanabe, Tim (2008-06-25). "Inglemoor girls swim snags 4th straight state title". Kenmore Reporter. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- O'Neil, Danny (1999-12-18). "Linebacker Has Taken Some Hits Off Field -- D.D. Acholonu Endured The Tragic Death Of His Father And Ineligibility Before Signing To Play For WSU". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Zurkowsky, Herb (2007-06-23). "Bubble bursts for defensive-back Kent". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "DD Acholonu NFL.com profile". NFL.com. National Football League. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Yale track star balances practice, books and business". ESPN. Retrieved May 29, 2009.
- "Victor Cheng Profile". www.yalebulldogs.com. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- "Stanford University Women's Basketball Profile". The Official Website of the Stanford Cardinal. Retrieved May 27, 2008.
- Stone, Larry (2005-10-11). "Sweet redemption for Jenks". The Seattle Times. Retrieved May 27, 2008.
- Chansanchai, Athima (2007-04-25). "'Imagine' an idol from Inglemoor High". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved May 27, 2008.
- "MLB.com Player Profile". MLB.com. Retrieved June 4, 2008.
- "Darren Black shoots 67 to lead Washington Open, Local golf". The Seattle Times. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
- "Jamie Finch Biography - University of Washington Official Athletics". Retrieved Sep 3, 2013.
- "Inglemoor grad, Redmond Crossfire star drafted by Houston Dynamo". Retrieved Sep 3, 2013.
- "'Piggyback Bandit' with Northshore ties pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault charges in Montana". Retrieved Sep 3, 2013.
- Inglemoor High School website
- Vikings' men and women swim teams practice at Carole Ann Wald Pool at Saint Edward State Park - See Seminary External Links