Early life and education
Arndt-Brauer became a member of the Bundestag on July 1, 1999, succeeding Ingrid Matthäus-Maier who had vacated her seat. She has since been serving on the Finance Committee. Since the 2013 elections, she has been the chairwoman of the committee. Between 2006 and 2013, she also served a member of the Parliamentary Advisory Council on Sustainable Development. Within the SPD parliamentary group, Arndt-Brauer was a member of the working groups on municipal policy from 2002 until 2013 and on gender equality from 2009 until 2013. She has since been part of the parliamentary group’s leadership under chairman Thomas Oppermann.
- Institut Finanzen und Steuern, Member of the Board of Trustees
Ingrid Arndt-Brauer is married and has four children.
- Brian Parkin and Birgit Jennen (June 24, 2014), Merkel’s Party Riled by Vice Chancellor’s Resistance Over Budget Bloomberg News.
- Official website (in German)
- Bundestag biography (in German)
- Homepage of the Finance Committee (in English)
|This biography article about a member of the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|