Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ingrid Bolsø Berdal|
2 March 1980 |
Utøy, Inderøy, Norway
Ingrid Bolsø Berdal (Norwegian pronunciation: [ˈɪŋrɪ ˈbʊlsøː ˈbæɖɑl]; born 2 March 1980) is a Norwegian actress. She started her career with the 2005 short film Limbo. Her first leading role was in the Norwegian slasher film Cold Prey, released in October 2006. She has since appeared in fourteen films, including Chernobyl Diaries, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, and Hercules. In 2016, she played the role of Armistice in the HBO series Westworld.
Ingrid Bolsø Berdal was born in Utøy, Inderøy. She started studying music and singing in high school; after graduating, she continued her music education at the University of Trondheim (NTNU), studying jazz singing and improvisation for two years. She moved to Oslo and was accepted at Oslo National Academy of the Arts (KHiO), where she studied acting for three years. In her second year there, she played Sofia in Platonov and the title character in Antigone. In her final year, she played The Girl in The Name and the title character in Hedda Gabler.
Since graduating, Berdal has been employed at The Norwegian Theatre in Oslo. After her first year at the theatre, she was awarded the Hedda Award (the Norwegian Theatre Award) for Best Debut of the Year. During her years at the theatre, she has played both classical and contemporary plays, such as Sasha in Ivanov, Shura in Black Milk, and the title character in Yvonne, Princess of Burgundy.
Berdal has also worked in film, television, and radio. She is the recipient of the Amanda Award (the Norwegian Film Award) for Best Actress for the film Cold Prey. She was also nominated for Best Actress for Cold Prey 2 two years later. She hosted the Norwegian Film Awards (The Amanda Awards) in 2010 and 2012. In January 2011, she opened her monologue Frøken Else at The Norwegian Theatre, receiving positive reviews.
Berdal has been working at The National Theatre in Oslo since her graduation in 2004.
|2006||Comrade Pedersen||District Representative|
|2006||A Man There Was||Ida Vigen||short film|
|2007||False Start||Receptionist||short film|
|2008||House of Fools||Aina|
|2008||Cold Prey 2||Jannicke|
|2010||Terry Pratchett's Going Postal||Sergeant Angua||TV film|
|2010||Wide Blue Yonder||Nina|
|2011||I Travel Alone||Herdis Snartemo|
|2013||Kill Buljo 2||Anniken Skaiwalker|
|2013||Grandmother and the eight kids||Mother|
|2013||Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters||Horned Witch|
|2015||Women for Large Men's Shirts||Wanda Ås||Post-production|
|2015||The Absence of Eddy Table||Kari (voice)||Short film, filming|
- Codename Hunter (2006)
- Thomas P (2007)
- Eve and Adam (2007)
- Codename Hunter 2 (2008)
- Heart to Heart 2 (2010)
- Hellfjord (2012)
- Westworld (2016)
- Kristin-spelet at Sel (2004)
- Ned til Sol at Det Norske Teatret (2005)
- Trollprisen at Det Norske Teatret (2005)
- The Caucasian Chalc Circle at Det Norske Teatret (2006)
- Bikubesong at Det Norske Teatret (2006)
- Frank at Det Norske Teatret (2006)
- Hair at Det Norske Teatret (2007)
- Black Milk at Det Norske Teatret (2007)
- Ivanov at Det Norske Teatret (2007)
- Yvonne, Princess of Burgundy at Det Norske Teatret (2008)
- The Experiment Jo Strømgren Kompani (2010)
- Frøken Else at Det Norske Teatret (2011)
- Baby at The Norwegian Theatre (2013)
- Gallagher, Brian (4 November 2014). "‘Hercules’ Interview with Ingrid Bolso Berdal | EXCLUSIVE". MovieWeb. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Ingrid Bolso Berdal: Filmography". The New York Times. Retrieved 19 July 2015.