This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
BNS Frontin V33
|Builders:||Arsenal da Marinha no Rio de Janeiro, Verolme|
|Displacement:||1,670 tons standard , 1,970 tons full load|
|Range:||4,000 nm at 15 knots|
|Radar: Plessey AWS-4, Kelvin Hughes Type 1007, Selenia Orion RTN 10X, Sonar: Krupp Atlas ASO4 Mod 2|
|Aircraft carried:||1 Westland Super Lynx Mk.21A (locally designated as AH-11A)|
|Aviation facilities:||Helicopter pad|
The Inhaúma Class corvettes are five escort vessels operated by the Brazilian Navy. They were named after Joaquim José Inácio, Viscount of Inhaúma. These ships were built in Brazil and designed with assistance from the German company Marine Technik. It was originally planned to build 12 to 16 ships but the economic situation in Brazil did not permit this and only five vessels were built. The programme was considerably delayed due to funding issues and the Brazilian Verolme yard's insolvency in 1991 which forced V32 and V33 to be completed by Arsenal da Marinha.
The ships were fitted with a Ferranti CAAIS 450 (Computer Aided Action Information System) combat data system and a SAAB EOS-400 fire control system. Further vessels were planned to have indigenous Brazilian missiles but this was shelved. Conway's reports the ships as being top-heavy.
All ships were completed by the Arsenal da Marinha, Rio de Janeiro, and three are currently (2016) in service.
|V30||Inhaúma||13 December 1986||12 December 1989||She was decommissioned from Brazilian Naval service on 25 November 2016.|
|V31||Jaceguai||8 June 1987||2 April 1991||In service|
|V32||Júlio de Noronha||15 December 1989||7 October 1992||In service|
|V33||Frontin||6 February 1992||March 1994||She was decommissioned from Brazilian Naval service on 23 September 2015. On 12 April 2016 she was used as an air to sea, sea to sea missile target by the Brazilian Navy, sinking after three strikes.|
|V34||Barroso||20 December 2002||19 August 2008||In service|
- Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1947-1995
- Inhaúma class frigates - Poder Naval OnLine (portuguese version only)
- Inhaúma Class Corvettes, Brazil
- Poder NavalOnLine - Note on the decommissioning of corvette V-33 Frontin
- Poder NavalOnLine - Operaçao MISSILEX 2016, O fin da ex corveta Frontin
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Inhaúma class corvette.|
-  Poder Naval OnLine. Retrieved on 22 November 2016.
- 'IHS Jane's 360', 'Naval Weapons, Brazilian Navy fires missiles against retired Frontin corvette', 21 April 2016. http://www.janes.com/article/59677/brazilian-navy-fires-missiles-against-retired-frontin-corvette
-  Poder Naval OnLine. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.