|Categories||lifestyle media, digital media|
|Frequency||10 per year|
|Based in||New York City|
Inked is a tattoo lifestyle digital media company that bills itself as the outsiders' insider media. Covering music, fashion, art, sports and the rest of the lifestyle of the tattooed, Inked, like Vice, has made the transition from the newsstand to digital media company, and a brand that sits among GQ and Vanity Fair. Tattooed women like Kat Von D, Avril Lavigne, Diablo Cody, Eve and Malin Akerman have appeared on Inked's cover. Among the celebrities who have sat down with Inked are Ozzy Osbourne, Tracy Morgan, Slash, Kid Cudi and Billie Joe Armstrong. Inked also covers tattoo artists; they immortalize the best in their Icon feature through which the likes of Don Ed Hardy, Horiyoshi III and Ami James have been honored.
History and profile
Inked debuted in late 2004 and was published quarterly for one year. In 2006, the magazine was purchased by Downtown Media Group but never published an issue. Pinchazo Publishing Group Inc acquired Inked in August 2007. The company hired creative director Todd Weinberger to redesign the magazine, then brought on editor Jason Buhrmester. Upon Burhmester's departure in the spring of 2010 Rocky Rakovic was tapped as Editor. Rakovic brought in celebrity contributors like Adam Levine, Jessica White and Adam Goldberg. Photographers such as Terry Richardson, Ellen Stagg and Warwick Saint have shot for Inked.
The company maintains a substantial eCommerce business.
- "Image: Kat-von-D-Inked-Magazine-1.jpg, (600 × 743 px)". magxone. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Image: avrilbig.jpg, (333 × 409 px)". blogcdn.com. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
-  Archived July 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- [dead link]
- "Image: 51c-qzoqbzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg, (300 × 300 px)". ecx.images-amazon.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Inked Magazine. Q & A With Ozzy Osbourne
- "Tracy Morgan | Inked Magazine". inkedmag.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Slash on the cover of Inked Magazine | Slash's World". Archive. Archived from the original on 2013-02-13. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Kid's Clothes | Inked Magazine". inkedmag.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Inked Magazine :: Article :: The Sound Of A Revolution
- Don Ed Hardy : Inked Magazine
- Inked Magazine :: Icons :: Horiyoshi Iii
- Inked Magazine :: Icons :: Ami James
- "Inked Magazine - PR.com". pr.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Rocky Rakovic – Editor, Inked Magazine". Cision. May 20, 2010. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- "White Heat". Inked. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- You Don't Know Me From Adam. : Inked Magazine
- 3 of A Kind
- "Inked Magazine". Inked. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Inked Photographer Warwick Saint's Show Body Of Work: Inked Magazine
- Inked Shop