|Categories||lifestyle media, digital media|
|Frequency||10 per year|
|Based in||New York City|
Inked is a tattoo lifestyle digital media company that bills itself as the outsiders' insider media. Covering music, fashion, art, sports and the rest of the lifestyle of the tattooed, Inked, like Vice, has made the transition from the newsstand to digital media company, and a brand that sits among GQ and Vanity Fair. Tattooed women like Kat Von D, Avril Lavigne, Diablo Cody, Eve and Malin Akerman have appeared on Inked's cover. Among the celebrities who have sat down with Inked are Ozzy Osbourne, Tracy Morgan, Slash, Kid Cudi and Billie Joe Armstrong. Inked also covers tattoo artists; they immortalize the best in their Icon feature through which the likes of Don Ed Hardy, Horiyoshi III and Ami James have been honored.
History and profile
Inked debuted in late 2004 and was published quarterly for one year. In 2006, the magazine was purchased by Downtown Media Group but never published an issue. Pinchazo Publishing Group Inc acquired Inked in August 2007. The company hired creative director Todd Weinberger to redesign the magazine, then brought on editor Jason Buhrmester. Upon Burhmester's departure in the spring of 2010 Rocky Rakovic was tapped as Editor. Rakovic brought in celebrity contributors like Adam Levine, Jessica White and Adam Goldberg. Photographers such as Terry Richardson, Ellen Stagg and Warwick Saint have shot for Inked.
The company maintains a substantial eCommerce business.
- "Image: Kat-von-D-Inked-Magazine-1.jpg, (600 × 743 px)". magxone. Archived from the original on 2014-06-06. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Image: avrilbig.jpg, (333 × 409 px)". blogcdn.com. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
-  Archived July 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- [dead link]
- "Image: 51c-qzoqbzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg, (300 × 300 px)". ecx.images-amazon.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Inked Magazine. Q & A With Ozzy Osbourne
- "Tracy Morgan | Inked Magazine". inkedmag.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Slash on the cover of Inked Magazine | Slash's World". Archive. Archived from the original on February 13, 2013. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Kid's Clothes | Inked Magazine". inkedmag.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Inked Magazine :: Article :: The Sound Of A Revolution
- Don Ed Hardy : Inked Magazine Archived 2012-01-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Inked Magazine :: Icons :: Horiyoshi Iii
- Inked Magazine :: Icons :: Ami James
- "Inked Magazine - PR.com". pr.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Rocky Rakovic – Editor, Inked Magazine". Cision. May 20, 2010. Archived from the original on February 1, 2014. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2012-02-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "White Heat". Inked. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- You Don't Know Me From Adam. : Inked Magazine Archived 2012-02-11 at the Wayback Machine
- 3 of A Kind
- "Inked Magazine". Inked. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Inked Photographer Warwick Saint's Show Body Of Work: Inked Magazine
- Inked Shop
- Official site
- Interview with Inked Creative Director Todd Weinberger at NoD: Notes on Design
- Adweek Story on Pin-Up Issue
- Cision Interview with Rocky Rakovic
- Folio Story on Inked's Breast Cancer initiative
- Branding.news Story on Inked's Indian Ink advertorial
- Inked gives Buzzfeed editors tattoos
- InStyle asks Inked about tattoo trends
- The New York Times talks to Inked's Rocky Rakovic about tattoos
- MTV taps Rakovic to dish on celebrity tattoos
- CBC talks to Inked editor about Millennials and tattoos
- TODAY picks brain on Inked staff about tattoo trends
- Newsweek uses Inked as a source on 3D tattoos
- The Mirror highlights Inked's feature on Katrina Darling
- CBS News uses Inked editor as celebrity tattoo expert
- AP story quoting Inked editor Rocky Rakovic about chefs and tattoos