This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: INWK|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Eric D. Belcher, CEO|
|Revenue||USD $1.029 billion (2015)|
|USD $-11.996 million (2015)|
|USD $-32.338 million (2015)|
|Total assets||USD $605.5 million (2015)|
|Total equity||USD $258.0 million (2015)|
Number of employees
InnerWorkings is a marketing firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. Headquartered in Chicago, InnerWorkings serves customers from offices in North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
The company was founded to disrupt the inefficient and outdated print management supply chain, but has greatly expanded its capabilities and global footprint during the past few years. InnerWorkings discovered Marketing Execution was a blind spot in most organizations. There are many complexities involved in executing marketing campaigns across multiple formats and regions. Relying on the usual channels leads to inefficient use of resources, brand dilution and overspending. By leveraging proprietary technology, InnerWorkings brings clarity and insight to the process – ensuring that campaigns are delivered with precision, impact, and accountability.
In the past year, InnerWorkings has publicly announced several client relationships that range from North American contracts to exclusive global partnerships. The span of services also varies from large scale print management contracts to managing clients’ innovation, design and execution of marketing retail experiences, including Point of Sale (POS) materials, retail fixtures, temporary displays, and printed items. In almost all cases, InnerWorkings also provides dedicated on-site professionals to serve as an extension of the customers marketing team.
Some customers announced by InnerWorkings include: The North Face, Kroger, FedEx Office  a national public retailer's private label business, Sanofi, Newsday  Pizza Hut, DEFENDER, Novartis, Energizer, Callaway, Unilever, Easter Seals, , Feeding America, and Choice Hotels International.
InnerWorkings developed proprietary software called VALO. It’s a single, multi-currency, multi-lingual global platform designed to source, produce, monitor and analyze all aspects of the marketing execution chain. Composed of multiple modules working together, the technology integrates with companies’ existing systems to automate their marketing execution processes to optimize marketing spend while experiencing faster time to market and greater brand consistencies. 
- In May 2006, InnerWorkings acquired Graphography Limited, LLC for $4.5 million in cash to establish a presence in the New York market
- In September 2006, it acquired CoreVision Group, Inc., located in Carol Stream, IL, for $1.1 million, adding 15 sales executives, including the first in Missouri
- In October 2006, Applied Graphics, Inc. of San Rafael, California was acquired for $7 million, adding 35 new sales staff, 1,000 clients and approximately 500 new suppliers
- The company added to its California presence with the acquisition of Spectrum Printing Services for $2.8 million in March 2007
- July 2007 saw the acquisition of Brown + Partners in suburban Philadelphia
- In October 2007, it acquired Graphic Resource Group, Inc., located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for $2.3 million and Data Flow Media Systems in suburban Dallas, TX for $3.4 million adding 10 sales executives
- A month later, the company it announced completion of its acquisition of Corporate Edge, Inc., a New York City-based national distributor of promotion products, just days after revealing it had signed a definitive acquisition agreement
- In May 2008, InnerWorkings secured its first international presence acquiring the United Kingdom-based etrinsic for $6.9 million in cash, creating one of the world’s largest print management companies
- In July 2008, InnerWorkings added two new companies to its acquisition list: Marketing-Out-of-the-Box Inc. for $6.9 million in cash, and MediaLink Creative Solutions, located in Wisconsin, for $7.4 million
- In August 2008, the company acquired New York City-based Mikam Graphics for $12.8 million
- The company established a presence in the south the acquisition of Origen Partners in October 2008 for $7.4 million
- In February 2011, the company expanded into Latin America with the acquisition of CPRO Services, Ltd. in Santiago, Chile
- In October 2011 the company acquired Paris-based Production Graphics, expanding its reach in Europe
- In September 2012 the company expanded UK product and service portfolio with acquisition of Merchandise Mania 
- In July 2013, the company acquired EYELEVEL, a leading global provider of permanent retail displays and store fixtures. EYELEVEL operated from its European headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic and its U.S. base in Portland, Oregon, with additional operations in Australia, Brazil, China, Russia, and the United Kingdom.
- In 2013, the company acquired DB Studios.
- 2014 Luxury Packaging Award (First Place) 
- 2013, 2014 - Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics 
- 2013, 2014 - POPAI Outstanding Marketing and Retail Awards winner of Display of the Year 
- 2012, 2013 - Print + Promo’s Top 50 Distributors (Ranked #1) 
- 2012, 2013 - Built in Chicago’s Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 
- 2012, 2011 Supply & Demand Chain Executive Green Supply Chain Awards 
- 2012, 2011, 2009 Crain's Fast Fifty (Ranked #26) 
- 2011 - Forbes Magazine's America's Most Trustworthy Companies
- 2011 - Print Professional Magazine Top Distributor
- 2011/2010 - Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2011/2010 - InformationWeek 500
- 2011 - Brill Street Top 50 Gen Y Employers
- 2010 - Forbes Magazine's List of Best Small Companies in America
- 2010 - Supply & Demand Chain Magazine Executive 100
- "InnerWorkings, Inc.: NASDAQ:INWK quotes & news - Google Finance". google.com.
- "Lessons from a High-Growth Guru". CFO.
- "The North Face". inwk.com.
- "Kroger". inwk.com.
- "FedEx Office Teams Up with InnerWorkings To Expand Print Offerings for Customers". Benzinga.
- "Leading National Retailer Partners with InnerWorkings to Manage its Private Label Packaging Program - Business Wire". businesswire.com. 13 August 2014.
- "Sanofi and InnerWorkings Sign Global Marketing Partnership". businesswire.com. 28 July 2014.
- "InnerWorkings Announces Agreement with Newsday". businesswire.com. 1 July 2014.
- "DEFENDER and InnerWorkings Announce National Marketing Partnership". businesswire.com. 29 May 2014.
- "Novartis and InnerWorkings Announce Global Marketing Partnership". businesswire.com. 8 May 2014.
- "Energizer and InnerWorkings Announce Marketing Partnership". businesswire.com. 11 March 2014.
- "InnerWorkings and Callaway Enter Into Retail Management Partnership". businesswire.com. 19 February 2014.
- "InnerWorkings Announces Large Scale Print Management Contract with Unilever - Business Wire". businesswire.com. 19 February 2010.
- "InnerWorkings and Easter Seals Enter Into New Procurement Agreement". businesswire.com. 14 November 2013.
- "InnerWorkings and Feeding America Enter Into Partnership". businesswire.com. 22 October 2013.
- "InnerWorkings Announces Long-Term Business Relationship with Choice Hotels - New York Times". markets.on.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2017-08-03.
- "Company Information - InnerWorkings". inwk.com.
- Steve Gelsi. "InnerWorkings' IPO rallies in debut". MarketWatch.
- "The "Inner Workings" of InnerWorkings". whattheythink.com.
- "InnerWorkings, Inc. Acquires Spectrum Printing Systems". businesswire.com. 8 March 2007.
- "InnerWorkings Acquires Brown+Partners - WhatTheyThink". whattheythink.com.
- "InnerWorkings Builds Base with Two Deals". Printing Impressions.
- "Press Releases - SourceWire News Distribution". responsesource.com.
- "Marketing-Out-of-the-Box Inc. Acquisition for InnerWorkings (INWK)". wikinvest.com.
- "InnerWorkings' Acquisition of Mikam Graphics to Enhance Support of Publishers and.." Reuters.
- "InnerWorkings Acquires Origen Partners". Promo Marketing.
- "Making the Leap". CFO.
- "InnerWorkings Acquires U.K.-Based Merchandise Mania". ppai.org.
- "InnerWorkings shares fall 25% after cutting forecast". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- "Stop the presses: InnerWorkings cuts forecast, shares plunge". Chicago Business. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- "InnerWorkings Wins Two Trophies At Packaging News' 2014 Luxury Packaging Awards". ppai.org.
- "InnerWorkings, Inc". bbb.org.
- "2014 OMA Award Winners". POPAI: The Global Association for Marketing at Retail.
- "Global Printmanagement - InnerWorkings Takes First Place on Print+Promo's Top 50 Distributors List - Global Printmanagement". Global Printmanagement.
- "Chicago's Top Digital Companies". Built In Chicago.
- "InnerWorkings Recognized in Supply & Demand Chain Executive 2011 Green Supply Chain Awards". Promo Marketing.
- "Focus - Crain's Chicago Business". chicagobusiness.com.
- Jacquelyn Smith (20 March 2012). "America's Most Trustworthy Companies". Forbes. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Forbes Magazine" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Creativity and hard work pay off for this year's top five distributors : Page 1 of 2 : Print + Promo". Print + Promo.
- "Technology". Deloitte United States.
- Brill Street Top 50 Gen Y Employers. Archived 2011-11-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- "2010 Supply & Demand Chain Executive 100". Supply & Demand Chain Executive.