Inner Mongolia Agricultural University
|Inner Mongolia Institute of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry|
|Motto||solidarity factualism erudition innovation|
|Affiliation||Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and State Forestry Administration|
|President||王万义 Wang Wanyi|
|Location||Huhhot, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, People's Republic of China|
|Inner Mongolia Agricultural University|
Inner Mongolia Agricultural University (IMAU, Chinese: 内蒙古农业大学) is a university in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China under the authority of the Autonomous Region government. It is located in Hohhot, the capital city of Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. It was established in 1952. There are over 100 undergraduate degree programs and postgraduate courses across a range of disciplines, including Agricultural, Engineering, Science, Art, Business, and Management.
IMAU was established in 1952, with the first president appointed by Chairman Mao Zedong.
IMAu has a total staff of 2,737, among which 435 with doctoral degrees and 653 with master degrees, 101 tutors of doctoral students. IMAU has one professorship from Yangtze River Scholar Award Plan.
School campuses comprised by three separate parts,include main compus in Hohhot, Salaqi branch compus and Current Science Park. All campuses cover an area of 15,000 hectares,of which 10,000 acres for teaching and researching. There are four school-standard stadiums. Library construction area of 3,000 square meters. The value of teaching instrument and equipment amounted to 412 million RMB.
Over the past 63 years, IMAU has initiated a multi-level management system. Its primary objective is focused on undergraduate studies. IMAU has been paying profound attention to postgraduate, higher vocational and adult educational programs. IMAU is a multi-discipline university with eight fields of study. They are Agronomy, Science, Engineering, Economics, Management, Social Sciences and Education. IMAU has succeeded in cultivating more than 70,000 skilled talents in diverse fields of study.
IMAU has 19 colleges including the College of Animal Science and Medicine, a Department for Physical Education and an Advanced Educational Research Center, two ministry-level key laboratories, one key laboratory of the State Bureau of Forestry, seven regional key laboratories, one state-level open field observation station, three regional engineering technology research centers, and one engineering research center supported by the Ministry of Education.
Academic departments (colleges)
- College of Water Resources and Civil Engineering
- College of Animal Science
- College of Veterinary
- College of Agronomy
- College of Forestry
- College of Ecology and Environmental Science
- College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- College of Economics and Management
- College of Food Science and Engineering
- College of Life Science
- College of Material Science and Art Design
- College of Humanity and Social Science
- College of Foreign Languages
- College of Science
- College of Computer Science and Information Engineering
- College of Energy and Transportation Engineering
- College of International Education
- College of Vocational Technology
- College of Continuing Education
There is also one state-level key discipline, one key discipline of the Ministry of Agriculture, three key disciplines of the State Forestry Administration and 22 regional key disciplines. IMAU has six first-level and 33 second-level disciplines, which are authorized to grant doctorate degrees. IMAU has established three moving scientific research stations for post-doctorate research. It also has 72 second-level disciplines that confer master degrees. IMAU offers 58 undergraduate programs, 13 of which are offered in Mongolian and Chinese.
Bilingual (Chinese & English) undergraduate programs
- Water Resources Engineering
- Practaculture Science
- Vehicle Engineering
- Animal Quarantine
- Computer Science and Technology
- Software Engineering
- Computer Network Engineering
- Economic Management for Agricultural and Forestry
- Food Science and Engineering
- Furniture Design and International Trade
- Wood Science and Engineering
- Landscape Architecture
IMAU has acquired scientific research achievements in 265 programs and provincial “Technological Advancement” awards in 18 programs, seven of which are first-class awards. All these have provided extensive technological support and service for the economic construction, ecology and natural forest protection, reforesting the cultivated land, prohibiting herding and encouraging yard-feeding among other developments in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. The government of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region once awarded “Excellent collectivity that had made great contribution in developing our region through technological education” to IMAU.
- Li Changyou - former president of IMAU
- Kang Le - entomologist, Academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Jia Keli - hydrologist, student of the famous hydrologist of J.E. Nash
- Gao Zhanyi - The current chairman of International Commission of Irrigation and Drainage
- Pan Gang - The current chairman of Yili Group
International exchange and cooperation
IMAU has established broad academic ties with some 20 universities in USA, Canada, UK, France, Australia, Japan, Russia and the Republic of Mongolia among other nations. IMAU has collaborative programs with foreign educational institutions. Outstanding achievements have been made in teaching, scientific research, cultural exchange and joint programs.
- (Chinese) Official Inner Mongolia Agricultural University Website
- (English) Official Inner Mongolia Agricutual University Website
- (Mongolian) Official Inner Mongolia Agricultural University Website