|Parish||East Baton Rouge|
|Elevation||30 ft (9.1 m)|
|Area||2.2 sq mi (5.7 km2)|
|- land||2.2 sq mi (6 km2)|
|- water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||2,762.7/sq mi (1,066.7/km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Location of Louisiana in the United States
Inniswold is an unincorporated area and census-designated place (CDP) in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 6,180 at the 2010 census, up from 4,944 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Baton Rouge Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Inniswold is located in southern East Baton Rouge Parish at  It is bordered to the west, across Bluebonnet Road, by Westminster. Jefferson Highway (Louisiana Highway 73) forms the northern border, Siegen Lane the eastern border, and Interstate 10 the southern border. Access from Interstate 10 is from Exits 162 and 163. The center of Baton Rouge is 8 miles (13 km) to the northwest.(30.400658, -91.071652).
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,944 people, 2,060 households, and 1,347 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,272.7 people per square mile (875.6/km²). There were 2,158 housing units at an average density of 992.0 per square mile (382.2/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 80.48% White, 15.25% African American, 0.14% Native American, 2.31% Asian, 1.09% from other races, and 0.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.16% of the population.
There were 2,060 households out of which 32.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.3% were married couples living together, 13.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.6% were non-families. 28.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 25.6% under the age of 18, 10.9% from 18 to 24, 33.0% from 25 to 44, 21.2% from 45 to 64, and 9.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 88.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.2 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $43,322, and the median income for a family was $50,306. Males had a median income of $48,672 versus $29,592 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $23,029. About 6.4% of families and 7.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.0% of those under age 18 and 2.8% of those age 65 or over.
In 2013, Inniswold was included in the St. George incorporation petition, a result of the citizens of the unincorporated areas being declined the ability to form their own independent school district by the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board.
Jefferson Terrace Elementary School in Inniswold serves almost all of the community. A single strip to the west is served by Westminster Elementary School in Westminster. Most of the area is served by Westdale Middle School, while Woodlawn Middle School serves a section in the east. Most residents are served by Tara High School while a few areas to the east are served by Woodlawn High School.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Inniswold CDP, Louisiana". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved February 9, 2016.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Inniswold CDP, LA." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 6, 2017.
- "Elemementary-School-Boundary-Descriptions-15-16.pdf." East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on January 7, 2017. Jefferson Terrace is on p. 17/41. Westminster is on page 37/41.
- "Middle-School-Boundary-Descriptions-15-16.pdf." East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on January 6, 2017. Westdale's zone is on p. 13/14 while Woodlawn Middle's map is on p. 14/14.
- "High-School-Boundary-Descriptions-15-16.pdf." East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on January 6, 2017. Tara is on p. 9/10. Woodlawn is on p. 10/10.