Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma
|Known for||Founder of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing|
|Honours||Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic (OFR)|
Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma (born 1961 in Nnewi, Anambra State) is a Nigerian business magnate and investor. He is the founder and CEO of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing, Nigeria's first indigenous automobile manufacturing company.
Innocent Chukwuma was born into the family of Chukwuma Mojekwu. He is the youngest child in a family of six.
In 1981, after his education, Innocent began trading in spare parts, a very lucrative business in South East Nigeria. He then founded the company Innoson Group with Innoson Manufacturing, Innoson Tech. & Industries Co. Ltd as its subsidiaries.
In 2013, he was appointed Deputy Chairman, Board of Trustees National Coalition for Jonathan/Sambo Presidency, a group setup to promote the election of the former Nigerian president, Goodluck Jonathan.
Award and Honors
- Honorary Life Vice President of Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines & Agriculture (NACCIMA)
- Most Outstanding Indigenous Entrepreneur in the Manufacturing Sector by Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (ECCIMA)
- Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic (OFR)
- "Innoson Unveils First 'Made-in-Nigeria' Cars - Ventures Africa". Ventures Africa. 2014-12-02. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "The Small Town Of The Super Rich - Forbes Africa". Forbes Africa. 2017-08-07. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "Innoson, GTB draw battle line over N400b lawsuit - The Nation Nigeria". The Nation Nigeria. 2017-08-18. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "Vol 4 no 17". issuu. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "Innocent Chukwuma: Most Innovative entrepreneur 2013 - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2014-01-01. Retrieved 2017-08-28.