|Societas Europaea (SE)|
|Founded||1 April 2016|
|Uwe Tigges (CEO)|
Number of employees
Innogy SE is an energy company based in Essen, Germany. It is a subsidiary of the German energy company RWE. The company was created on 1 April 2016, by splitting the renewable, network and retail businesses of RWE into a separate entity. The new entity combined RWE subsidiaries RWE Innogy, RWE Deutschland, RWE Effizienz, RWE Vertrieb and RWE Energiedienstleistungen.
In November 2017, it was announced that Innogy was looking to merge its energy retail subsidiary npower in the United Kingdom, with the equivalent division of rival SSE. It is planned that Innogy shareholders would own 34% of the demerged entity. In March 2018, it was announced that E.ON will acquire Innogy, in a complex deal of assets swap with RWE.
In December 2016, Innogy combined its electric vehicles related activities into a new subsidiary called eMobility. It operates one of the largest charging points network in Europe, which includes 7,000 charging points in over twenty countries. Since September 2008, it operates in cooperation with Daimler AG test project in Berlin called e Mobility Berlin. It also cooperates with an Italian company called Be Charge.
In October 2018, the subsidiary of the United States, innogy eMobility US, announced the acquisition of California based Recargo, an electric mobility software company. Recargo produces the popular PlugShare platform that helps EV drivers find public charging stations.
- "RWE renewables subsidiary launched". Windpower Monthly. 2016-04-01. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- Steitz, Christoph (2016-12-14). "RWE's Innogy sets up new electric vehicle business". Reuters. Retrieved 2018-03-11.
- Chazan, Guy (2016-10-07). "Lacklustre market debut for Innogy". Financial Times. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "RWE renewables spinoff Innogy volatile in market debut". Deutsche Welle. 2016-10-07. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- Vaughan, Adam (7 November 2017). "SSE and npower in talks to create giant UK energy supplier". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- Thomas, Nathalie (8 November 2017). "SSE and Npower agree to combine household supply businesses". Financial Times. The Nikkei. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- Massoudi, Arash; Buck, Tobias (2018-03-11). "Eon to acquire Innogy in €43bn deal with RWE". Financial Times. Retrieved 2018-03-11. (Subscription required (help)).
- Kaeckenhoff, Tom; Steitz, Christoph (2018-02-05). "Innogy to equip Deutsche Post's DHL with e-charging stations". Reuters. Retrieved 2018-03-11.
- "e-mobility Berlin project to provide 500 EV charging points". gizmag.com. 9 September 2008.
- innogy (2018-10-02). "innogy Acquires Recargo Inc". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-10-06.
- "Innogy takes over EV software specialist Recargo - electrive.com". electrive.com. 2018-10-03. Retrieved 2018-10-06.