Innovative Timing Systems
Innovative Timing Systems (ITS) is a privately held company located in Saint Louis, Missouri which manufactures transponder timing equipment for sports. Its Jaguar system is a Gen 2.0 Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system operating at ultra high frequencies. Over 500 Jaguar timers use the system to time running, bicycle, motocycle, paddleboard and triathlon events.
ITS was one of the first vendors to offer disposable transponders affixed to the back of a race number rather than the prior method of wearing the transponder on a runner's shoe. To do this, Jaguar's antennas are mounted above ground on tripods or trusses instead of imbedded into mats on the ground. The Jaguar system was introduced in August 2008 after beta testing at 50 events. ITS holds a patent for using a foam backing to separate transponders from the sweat-covered skin of athletes, among other inventions.
In addition to offering Jaguar timing systems and a variety of transponders, ITS also manufactures race clocks. These light emitting diode displays are integrated with the Jaguar system to allow a computer to display custom information (such as elapsed time or number of laps) as each athlete passes the clock.
ITS also operates the Its Your Race registration website. The website coordinates with a smart phone application. It collects online registrations from participants and offers them finisher certificates customized for each athlete. It also sells photographs that were taken by cameras that were triggered by transponder reads during the race.
Seeking some of the largest races to become clients, in November 2014, ITS offered to time any race of more than 20,000 athletes for free, if it could perform their registration and photography as well.
- "Class 1 Generation 2 UHF Air Interface Protocol Standard "Gen 2"". Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "Testimonials". Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Innovative Timing Systems Revolutionizes Enduro Mountain Bike World Series". Wire News. August 2, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Innovative Timing Systems Delivers Real-Time Results to World Series Mountain Bike Event Innovative Timing Systems Delivers Real-Time Results to World Series Mountain Bike Event". August 17, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- Friedlos, Dave (August 5, 2010). "Australian Race-Timing Company Finds Battery-assisted UHF Tags a Winning Solution". RFID Journal. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Alien® RFID A Winner at Innovative Timing Systems" (PDF). 2008. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- O'Connor, Mary Catherine (September 24, 2008). "Startup Offers 'Fail-safe' RFID Race-Timing System". RFID Journal. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Spaced apart extended range RFID tag assemblies and methods of operation". US Patent and Trademark Office. November 5, 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Jaguar Digital Race Clock". Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Event Directors". Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "The ITS YOUR RACE App". Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "SnapShot". Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Jaguar Suite". Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Innovative Timing Systems announces FREE timing for races with over 20,000 participants". St Louis Post Dispatch. November 8, 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-08.