Inova Fairfax Hospital
|Inova Fairfax Hospital|
|Inova Health System|
|Location||3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042, Washington Metropolitan Area, Virginia, United States
|Emergency department||Level I trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Virginia|
Inova Fairfax Hospital is the largest hospital in Northern Virginia and the flagship hospital of Inova Health System. Located in Fairfax County, Virginia, Inova Fairfax Hospital is one of the largest employers in the County. Inova Fairfax Hospital is also home to a neonatal intensive care unit, and a dedicated pediatrics intensive care unit, an oncology unit, an adolescent medicine unit, and centers for cardiac surgery and pediatric surgery.
Inova Fairfax Hospital (IFH) is a 927-bed tertiary care hospital, providing most medical and surgical specialties, which houses Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center the nation's fifth busiest obstetrics program (with nearly 12,000 live births in 2006), and is one of only six community hospitals in the nation offering the full spectrum of organ transplantation. It has been named among the top 50 hospitals for gastrointestinal disorders, [gynecology , and heart [surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Inova Fairfax Hospital is also a satellite clinical campus for students from Virginia Commonwealth University's School of Medicine and hosts residents from other universities in the area. The hospital also houses the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy’s Inova Campus in which students can complete their third and fourth years of training. .
On about September 29, 2011 it was announced that Inova will outsource and layoff 606 jobs. Environmental Service, Laundry and Teleservices were the departments affected. On about February 17, 2012 it was announced that Inova will outsource and layoff an unknown number of employees. Safety and Security, Patient Transport and Medical Records were among the departments affected.
The following were statistics at the end of the year ending June 30, 2009:
- Admissions: 54,361
- Inpatient surgeries: 19,349
- Outpatient visits: 392,405
- Emergency room visits: 98,317
- Births: 11,182
- Number of beds: 833
- Best Hospitals, U.S. News & World Report: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000
- Best Hospitals, U.S. News & World Report: 2014 Gynecology Nationally Ranked #19
- Best Hospitals, Heart and Heart Surgery, U.S. News & World Report: #21 (2007)
- Magnet Nursing Status: American Nurses Association
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals: 2007-2012 by HealthGrades
- 50 Best Hospitals in America: February 23, 2011 by Becker's Hospital Review
- MacDonald, Gregg (June 9, 2010). "Inova Health Systems Puts Two Nursing Centers Up For Sale". Fairfax Times. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "Inova Fairfax Hospital - Best Hospitals" (HTML). U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- Becker's Hospital Review