|Traded as||NASDAQ: PTNT|
|Founders||Hussein A. Enan and Darrell Ticehurst|
|Headquarters||Gold River, California, USA|
Number of employees
InsWeb Corporation formerly operated an online insurance marketplace designed to allow consumers to compare insurance products and rate quotes from a variety of providers. InsWeb does not provide insurance directly. The company connects consumers with multiple providers via a proprietary online technology platform. Customers receive price quotes for the various insurance products they choose and are contacted by outside insurance agents and/or companies to continue the purchasing process. In conjunction with the consumer-facing insurance quote system, they also operate a lead generating site as a marketing source for insurance agents.
InsWeb was founded in 1995 by Hussein A. Enan and Darrell Ticehurst and became a publicly traded company in 1999. InsWeb created the first online insurance marketplace. InsWeb.com was the first website that allowed a user to receive multiple insurance quotes from multiple providers by filling out a single form. In the 4th quarter of 2010, InsWeb acquired Protreo Media Corporation.
Awards and recognitions
InsWeb has been recognized by several prominent publications since its founding including: 
- Kiplinger (2009) "Best Auto Insurance Website"
- Kiplinger (2008) "Best Auto Insurance Website"
- Kiplinger (2007) "Best Auto Insurance Website"
- Forbes (2007) "Best of the Web" and "Forbes' Favorite"
- Reuters Moneyline.com
- Bankrate to buy InsWeb's businesses for $65 mln
- Rancho Cordova's InsWeb Corp. is now Internet Patents Corp.
- Name change: Goodbye Internet Patents, hello Prism Technologies
- InsWeb.com Recognition