Insane (2000 video game)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Invictus Games, Ltd.|
|Release||24 November 2000|
A sequel, Insane 2, was released in January 24, 2012.
Levels are set in real world locations, scattered throughout North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. The actual design, however, is fictitious. The single player campaign comprises a series of championships in different vehicle classes, where the player unlocks new vehicles and locations, based on their score. Vehicles range from utility vehicles to light buggies and are either fictional or inspired by actual production vehicles. Though the names do not correspond with any actual vehicle, the fact is evident both visually in-game and in the names of the game's files.
Players can drive cars of their choices in either of nine events, which include the Capture the Flag, Jamboree, Gate Hunt, Destruction Zone, Pathfinder, Off-Road Racing, Return the Flag, and Free Roam, which, exclusively, is only available in practice mode.
Insane received generally mixed to positive reviews on GameRankings and Metacritic. The game was praised for its graphics and realistic gameplay.
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Best Off-Road Game Ever' - PC Gamer"||Won|
|"Best Debut of the Year' in 2001 - Game.Exe Magazine"||Won|
|"Game of the Year' in 2001 - PC Guru Magazine."||Won|
- Woods, Dave (2001). "PC Zone review".
- "Codemasters corporate website,". August 16, 1999. Retrieved January 28, 2010.
- "Insane 2". Steam. Valve Corporation. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "1NSANE". GameRankings. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- Varanini, Giancarlo (March 3, 2001). "1nsane Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on March 19, 2012. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- Chau, Anthony (March 27, 2001). "1nsane review". IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
|This off-road racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|