|Type of site||Online magazine|
Three InsideClimate News reporters won the annual Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting, citing "their rigorous reports on flawed regulation of the nation's oil pipelines, focusing on potential ecological dangers posed by diluted bitumen (or 'dilbit'), a controversial form of oil." Among other things, they covered the aftermath of the Enbridge oil spill (2010–2012). The reporters named in the citation were Lisa Song, Elizabeth McGowan, and David Hasemeyer.
In April 2016, InsideClimate News was named a finalist for a Pulitzer Prize in the category of "Public Service," that is, "a distinguished example of meritorious public service by a newspaper or news site" for the 2015 Exxon: The Road Not Taken series, "a probe into a major oil company's decades-long misinformation campaign to muddy the debate over climate change." InsideClimate News was awarded a 2015 Sigma Delta Chi Award for excellence in journalism by the Society of Professional Journalists for the informational graphics in the Exxon: The Road Not Taken series, which "provide a visual timeline of Exxon's views and efforts on climate change since the 1970s, and evidence of its uncertainty campaigns in the 1990s and 2000s." The White House Correspondents Association awarded InsideClimate News a share in the 2016 Edgar A. Poe Award, which annually honors "excellence in news coverage of subjects and events of significant national or regional importance, written with fairness and objectivity," for the Exxon: The Road Not Taken series.
- SolveClimate Goes Inside
- "About InsideClimate News". InsideClimate News. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- "The 2013 Pulitzer Prize Winners: National Reporting". The Pulitzer Prizes. Retrieved November 8, 2013. With short biographies, reprints of 11 works (InsideClimate News stories June 26 to December 27, 2012), and formal entry for the prize.
- Haughney, Christine (April 16, 2013). "Times Wins Four Pulitzers; Brooklyn Nonprofit Is Awarded a Reporting Prize", The New York Times, p. A19.
- "Finalist: InsideClimate News". Columbia University. 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "InsideClimate News Is a Pulitzer Prize Finalist for Exxon Investigation". InsideClimate News. April 18, 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "Announcing the 2015 Sigma Delta Chi Award winners". Society of Professional Journalists. April 22, 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "InsideClimate News Wins SPJ Award for #ExxonKnew Infographics". InsideClimate News. April 22, 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "White House Correspondents' Association Announces 2016 Journalism Awards". White House Correspondents Association. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "White House Correspondents' Association Honors ICN's #ExxonKnew With Poe Award". InsideClimate News. April 25, 2016. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
|This news magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.