Inside (2011 film)
|Directed by||D. J. Caruso|
|Written by||D. J. Caruso|
|Music by||Brian Tyler|
|Edited by||Josh Bodnar|
Directed and written by D. J. Caruso and starring Emmy Rossum, the experience is broken up into several segments across multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. Viewers are challenged to help Rossum’s character, Christina, safely make it out of her predicament. The film bears some similarities to the (non-social) 2008 film Untraceable in that it involves kidnapping and an Internet audience as part of the plot.
The first in a series of episodes was released on the website on 25 July 2011 for those participating in the "real-time experience". The whole film became available for online viewing on 6 September 2011 in their website, however both the website and YouTube channel no longer exist.
24-year-old Christina Perasso, a tough, resilient girl, wakes up trapped in a room and has no idea where she is being held or who did this to her. She has been left access to her laptop. Through the use of an intermittent Wi-Fi signal, she reaches out to friends, family and the general, growing an audience through social media. She lists facts, clues, pictures and videos to aid the audience in figuring out where she is, who her captor is, and why she was kidnapped.
- Emmy Rossum as Christina Perasso
- Cooper Thorton as Federal Agent Stu MacArthur
- Molly Hagan as Mrs. Cathy Perasso
- Melissa Tang as Jennifer Myer
- Miranda Mayo as Emma Hickox
- Jake Abel as Kirk Francis
- Hayley Chase as Lucca Scibird
- Xander Berkeley as Highway man
- "Inside Intel And Toshiba's Social Film". Fast Company.
- "Made By Social Media". Creativity.
- "Toshiba & Intel’s Movie Heroine Reads Your Tweets". Mashable.
- Barnes, Henry (13 July 2011). "Horror meets social media in new concept film". Guardian.
- Hart, Hugh (12 July 2011). "Inside Is ‘First Interactive Social Horror Film Experience’". Wired.
- The Inside Experience52,198 likes · 23 talking about this. "The Inside Experience". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-01-01.