Inside Outside (Petra Blaisse)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Inside Outside was founded by Dutch designer Petra Blaisse in 1991. The firm combine expertise in various fields including landscape architecture, textile design and interior design. Petra Blaisse worked in collaboration with Rem Koolhaas and the Office for Metropolitan Architecture on many projects including Seattle Central Library (Seattle, 2004), Casa da Música (Porto, 2001–2005), CCTV HQ (Beijing, 2004–2009).The firm also collaborated with architectural firm SANAA for the glass pavilion of the Toledo Museum of Art (Toledo, Ohio, 2006).
This article or section appears to be slanted towards recent events. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Swarovski Office Building in Männedorf, 2009 (Landscape design)
- Muziekgebouw, Enschede, NL, 2008 (Stage curtain for the main auditorium)
- ‘Swamp Garden’, Almere, NL, 2007 (Execution of subterranean garden between parking lots)
- Plussenburgh Housing Complex, Rotterdam, NL, 2006 (Garden design, interior advisory, carpet design)
- Mercedes-Benz Museum, Stuttgart, Germany, 2006 (Darkening, sun and view filtering curtains, brush wall)
- Seoul National University Museum of Art, South Korea, 2005 (Garden and curtains for lecture hall)
- Toledo Pavilion of Glass, USA, 2005 (Space deifning, acoustic and darkening curtains, sun & UV screening voiles)
- Casa da Música, Porto, Portugal, 2005 (Acoustic, blackout and view filtering curtains, sun-screens; Advisory for interior and exterior finishes)
- Hackney Empire Theatre, London, UK, 2005 (Stage curtain, blackout, space-dei ning and acoustic curtains)
- Seattle Central Library, USA, 2004 (Landscape design for entrance plaza’s, street borders and transitional; Advisory on interior materials & finishes)
- Dutch Embassy, Berlin, Germany, 2004 (Darkening curtains, Advisory on interior finishes, public parkand glare control curtains)
- Prada Store Los Angeles , USA, 2004 (textile VIP-dressing room, advisory on interior finishes)
- The Mick Jagger Centre, Dartford (London), UK, 2000 (Two double curtain walls for acoustic, lighting and atmospheric program in concert hall, upholstery auditorium chairs)
- Downsview Park Competition, Toronto, Canada (Winner first prize), 2000
- State Penitentiary, Nieuwegein, NL, 1999 (Six prison gardens and parking area)
- Kunsthal, Rotterdam, NL, 1993 (Spiralling sound curtain wall with poured-in-place tracks in the concrete ceiling, furniture advisory. Design and execurion of sloping garden with 6500 bulbs and 7 pear trees)
- Weinthal, Lois (2008-04-10). "Bridging the Threshold of Interior and Landscape: an Interview with Petra Blaisse". Architectural Design. doi:10.1002/ad.676.
- Petra Blaisse. "Inside Outside". Rotterdam : NAi Publishers ; New York, NY : Available in North, South and Central America through Distributed Art Publishers, ©2007. Retrieved 2011-03-01.