|Type of business||Subsidiary|
Type of site
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
|Alexa rank||70,496 (March 2020)|
Insider Pages is an online "local search" service operated by IAC.
Before its acquisition by IAC the company was based in Redwood Shores, California, and had over 600,000 reviews of local merchants around the country. Insider Pages was founded by Stuart MacFarlane and Sean Olson in 2004. On March 27, 2006, the company announced an $8.5 million investment by Sequoia Capital, Softbank Capital, and Idealab. The company addressed a demographic (by its description) of young and middle-aged families who own homes in urban and suburban areas.
After laying off two-thirds of its staff  in January 2007, they were acquired (for an undisclosed amount) by IAC, operators of Citysearch, in March 2007. As part of IAC, Insider Pages has grown significantly and now has more than 1.5 million user generated reviews and receives over 5 million unique visitors each month. In November 2007, Insider Pages launched the Insider Pages Fundraiser program to allow groups to write reviews to receive funding.
- Darlin, Damon (2006-08-05). "Let's Say Your Toilet Backs Up. How Do You Find a Good Plumber?". New York Times. Retrieved May 5, 2010.
- Stefanie Olsen (2005-05-02). "Online ad sellers think local". CNET News.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19.
- Stefanie Olsen (2004-10-04). "Idealab chief stakes out new direction in search". CNET News.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19.
- "insiderpages.com Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix and Traffic". Alexa Internet. Retrieved March 21, 2020.
- "Local Search Engine Insider Pages Announces Relocation to Redwood Shores, CA and Investment by Sequoia Capital, Softbank Capital and Idealab." Archived 2006-06-17 at the Wayback Machine, Insiderpages.com press advisory, March 27, 2006
- "Big Layoffs at Insider Pages". TechCrunch. January 7, 2007.