|Parent company||APA Publications|
|Founder||Hans Johannes Hofer|
|Country of origin||Singapore|
Ingram Publisher Services (US)
|Nonfiction topics||Travel guides|
Insight Guides, founded by Hans Johannes Hofer, is a travel company based in London with offices in Singapore and Warsaw. They sell customized travel packages, as well as travel guides for both commerce (b2b) and end customers purposes B2C). They also produce maps, globes and travel gadgets for both experienced and new travelers.
Insight Guides combines full-colour photography with essays written by local experts. Giving readers reliable, practical information was the driving force behind the concept, but Insight Guides also puts a historical and cultural spin on their content.
Hofer's first book, published in 1970, was based on the island of Bali, and was funded by a local hotel. From there, he grew his business, creating over 400 guide books to over 100 destinations. In the late 1990s, he sold his share of the company to Langenscheidt KG.
In 2014, Insight Guides and Berlitz Publishing were sold by Langenscheidt to René Frey. Insight launched a new site  in September 2015 that focuses on selling customized travel packages prepared by local experts. They also frequently publish travel-related articles and news on their blog.
- "Langenscheidt Agrees to Buy Berlitz Publishing". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Woodslane | Publisher | INSIGHT GUIDES". woodslane.com.au. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- Dar, Alyse ed. by: Insight Guides Japan 5th ed., 2009, pages 2-3, Apa Publications
- World of Maps Archived 2011-07-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- Insight Guides [www.insightguides.com]
- "The Millennial Traveller: From content veteran to tech startup, how Insight Guides is reimagining its role in travel". WIT. 2016-09-26. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- Insight Guides Is Changing