Type of site
|Alexa rank||114,002 (April 2014[update])|
Insound is a discounted, online music store engaging with all music lovers. Insound carries CD, vinyl, hard to find items, music accessories and merch. The company is located in New York, New York.
Insound was founded in 1998 by: Christian Anthony, Matt Wishnow and Ari Sass. Wishnow and Sass had worked together at Elektra. The site took six months to build and first launched on March 1, 1999. The company gradually gained notoriety through its reviews, online zines and promotion of then-small bands such as Death Cab for Cutie. Insound also gained visibility through hosting events at CMJ and South by Southwest (SXSW).
On March 19, 2015 ADA disbanded Insound but in October of the same year, the online music retailer was revived by the Warner Music Group and is now selling a broad-range of music related products at a discounted price.
- "Insound.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Insound". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- King, Brad (2000-04-18). "Net Lessons for Labels at Indies". Wired. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- Khemsurov, Monica (2004-07-01). "High Fidelity with Higher Margins Online". CNN. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "Insound 1999-2009: A ten-year history". Insound. Archived from the original on March 6, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- Brown, August (2009-04-06). "In a digital age, vinyl's making a comeback". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "ADA Acquires Insound.com". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Phillips, Amy; Gordon, Jeremy (2015-03-19). "Insound Shutting Down". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2015-03-19.