Inspector Gadget (2015 TV series)
|Theme music composer||
|Opening theme||"Inspector Gadget"|
|Ending theme||"Inspector Gadget" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes (two 11-minute segments)|
Teletoon Original Production (seasons 1 and 2)
Teletoon (Canada; seasons 1 and 2)|
Family Channel (Canada; seasons 3-present)
Netflix (United States)
Universal Kids (United States)
Boomerang (United Kingdom)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|First shown in||France|
|Original release||January 3, 2015– present|
|Preceded by||Inspector Gadget|
Inspector Gadget (also known as Inspector Gadget 2.0) is an American Canadian French CGI animated television series produced by DHX Media. It is a sequel to the original series, which aired from 1983 to 1986. The show was announced on June 11, 2013, with 26 episodes. The show debuted on January 3, 2015 on Boomerang in France and officially premiered on Teletoon in Canada on September 7, 2015. As of November 20, 2017, the show is airing in the US on Universal Kids.
When Dr. Claw is thawed out of his iceberg prison and reactivates M.A.D., Inspector Gadget is brought out of retirement and is back on the beat to stop Dr. Claw once again, but this time, with Penny and Brain officially by his side. A new character in this series is Dr. Claw's nephew, Talon, on whom Penny has a slight crush. The series is even more comical, cartoony and slapsticky than the original, with Dr. Claw being portrayed as much less sinister, and Gadget a lot more inept and bumbling.
- Inspector Gadget (voiced by Ivan Sherry) - Inspector Gadget is still the same powerful but unintelligent, gullible, and incompetent cyborg he was before, but now he's accompanied by Penny on his missions. As always, he's the bumbling "hero", only inadvertently saving the day and typically leaving a path of destruction in doing so. While he loves his niece, he still generally doesn't listen to Penny, even though she's his new assistant. Gadget is noticeably more egotistical than he was in the original series. He also has a new Gadget Mobile (since the old one turned to dust after he repeatedly jinxed its condition), which is snug and more efficient that the previous.
- Penny (voiced by Tara Strong) - Penny is Inspector Gadget's niece, an agent in training. She is brave, clever and willing to fight villains. She has a crush on Talon, Dr. Claw's nephew. Despite her crush, she never lets him get away with his and his uncle's evil plans. Unlike other Inspector Gadget productions, she now joins Gadget in his assignments and despite the show's title, she is effectively the protagonist. Also unlike the 80's series, she is a relatively adept fighter, only seldomly getting caught by M.A.D. agents. Penny is still typically the one who really saves the day but never gets any recognition for it, generally happy to let her uncle take all the credit for completing the mission. Penny acts like a normal teenage girl when she's not on duty. Her computer book and watch have been replaced with a holographic tablet called the codex. Her middle name is Ruth. In International versions, she is called Sophie.
- Brain (voiced by Scott McCord) - Brain is Penny's dog, best friend and her sidekick and he always accompanies her to every mission. As always, he is a master of disguise and usually Gadget mistakes him for a M.A.D.-Agent and tries to apprehend him (even when Brain is attempting to save him or when Penny tries to tell him it's really Brain). In International versions, he is called Fino.
- Chief Quimby (voiced by Derek McGrath) - Chief Quimby is the leader of the HQ and always gets Gadget and Penny their missions. To manage this, he always appears at the strangest places. This time, instead of paper, his self-destructing messages are now holographic. Chief Quimby now wears glasses and a coat and his hair is blonde instead of brown. He is a lot more patient than he was in previous iterations of the show. In the International versions, he is named Chief Gontier.
- Professor Von Slickstein (voiced by Scott McCord) - Professor Von Slickstein is an HQ scientist is portrayed as a young man, rather than a man in his late 60's in the original series. In the German version, he is named Professor Rotoskop.
- Kayla (voiced by Katie Griffin) - Penny's best friend, another new character and a fellow agent in training. Her cheerful and positive personality is only matched by her gift for Gab, her motor mouth is strong enough to cripple even the toughest M.A.D.-goon. In the German version, she's called Karla.
- Dr. Claw (voiced by Martin Roach) - As always, he wants to take over the world and destroy Gadget. This time, he has help from his nephew Talon who rescued him from his iceberg prison in the first episode. As always, his face is never shown (but his torso does appear now and then). His full name is revealed to be "Irving Thelonious Claw, Jr." In the German version, he's called Dr. (Boris) Kralle; in the French version, he is called Dr. Gang.
- MAD Cat - Unlike Dr. Claw's previous MAD Cats, this one is female. She is spoiled by Dr. Claw and shares a feud with Talon.
- Talon (voiced by Lyon Smith) - Introduced in this series, Talon is Dr. Claw's evil nephew who rescued him in the first episode. He is clever, handsome and manipulative. Talon is aware of his handsomeness and knows how to apply it. He secretly has a crush on Penny, but they cannot be together because they're enemies. In each possible situation that Talon wants to impress Penny, she mostly ignores him. Talon is one of a very small handful of M.A.D. agents who is aware that it's generally Penny, not Gadget, who foils M.A.D.'s plots. Even his uncle is oblivious to this fact. Talon is always arguing with his uncle because he considers his plans to be rather old-fashioned (although there's really nothing wrong with that) or just ridiculous, which is true. His uncle always blames him when his plans fail, even when it's not Talon's fault. There are even situations when Dr. Claw blames Talon for something his nephew has warned him of. Although he does everything to impress his uncle, he isn't treated very well by him. In the German version, he is named Titus. In the French version, he is called Tristan. In the Spanish version, he is called Garra.
- Mama Claw (voiced by Martin Roach) - Maryland Claw is Dr. Claw's mother and Talon's grandmother. From her constant nagging, she often embarrasses her son because Dr. Claw is taking orders from someone who's not him and often tries to get Dr. Claw and Talon to improve themselves. Mama Claw appeared in a few episodes. Like Dr. Claw, her face is never seen, but the back of her head hair and ears do appear now and then.
- M.A.D. Henchmen (Various Voices) - The generic henchmen of M.A.D.
- MADthew Strong (voiced by Cory Doran) - A construction worker.
- Commander MADhail (voiced by Cory Doran) - A Russian astronaut.
- Corsetta Camisole (voiced by Alyson Court) - She is a mistress of disguise who dresses fashionably.
- Detective Data (voiced by Alyson Court) - A former HQ operative. The reason why she started working for MAD is because Gadget took credit for all her hard work which Chief praises him for despite Data's claims that she did the work.
- Malicious (voiced by Alyson Court) - Penny's secret friend who attends "Evil University." She enjoys medieval torture and weapons do to that they have the word "Evil." Also, Malicious has a huge crush on Talon.
- MAD Weed Wacko (voiced by Robert Tinkler) - He really hates plants so much more worst and even poison ivy.
- Cheekster (voiced by Robert Tinkler) - The mad wrestler.
- Little Old Lady - She first appeared in "Gadget Management" as part of a simulation where she said "M.A.D. Forever" using her cane to shoot.
- Mac Macintosh (voiced by Scott McCord) - An evil farmer in an apple costume.
- Mayor (voiced by Cory Doran) - An evil mayor.
- MADalena (voiced by Stacey DePass) - A M.A.D. Agent that looks like penny. She once opened a resort near the Swampsquatch habitat.
- Cuckoo Clockmaker (voiced by Ron Pardo) - A man who's obsessively tinkering with clocks and doing the job "on Time."
- Jacques Crankcase (voiced by Cory Doran) - A no-good cheating racer who will stop at nothing to win.
- MADtana Dan (voiced by Scott McCord) - A impetuous explorer and treasure hunter who steals priceless treasures for M.A.D.'s plots. Unlike the other M.A.D. Agents, MADtana Dan is never comfortable working with Talon.
- MADgician (voiced by Ron Pardo) - A magician who was once Gadget’s assistant for birthday parties. But from all the humiliation Gadget gave him, he wants him to "disappear."
- MADison Von Trapp (voiced by Julie Lemieux) - Dr. Claw's best huntress with a metallic eagle. She is equipped with an invention called "The Cross-Boa" which is a crossbow with a robot snake.
- Sue Donym (voiced by Denise Oliver) - M.A.D.'s top spy who uses an attaching truth spray and a shifty dog named "Brawn."
- Baron von Steeltoe (voiced by Cory Doran) - A Scottish villain in metal boots who is Dr. Claw's rival.
- Dr. Ithica Marvins (voiced by Julie Lemieux) - HQ's greatest female archaeologist. Though everytime she discovered something remarkable, she'll instantly gets captured or trapped.
- Nigel Saint De' Le-peppertone IV Esquire III (voiced by Robert Tinkler) - International pop star whistler. He first appeared in "Rock Out" then made cameos in some episodes.
- Sir Owen Barnstormer (voiced by Adrian Truss) - A billionaire who creates inventions like a animal nursery blimp and a train without the aid of tracks.
|Season||Episodes||Original release date|
|1||16||March 27, 2015|
|2||10||August 29, 2015|
|3||13||June 2, 2017|
|4||13||January 6, 2018|
On December 4, 2014, it was announced that the Inspector Gadget would air on Boomerang's international channels in 2015. The series premiered on Boomerang in Australia on January 5, 2015. The show premiered on January 14 in the Middle East and Africa on the DStv network. The series premiered on Cartoon Network Arabic in the Middle East on March 6. The series premiered on Boomerang in the United Kingdom and Ireland on February 16. In the United States, the show was originally intended to air on Cartoon Network. However, on February 26, 2015, it was announced that it would instead be available exclusively through Netflix starting March 27, 2015, and as of November 20, 2017, it made its American Television debut on Universal Kids. Canada's Family Channel began airing the show on January 8, 2018. also on Pop in the UK the same year.
Teletoon also produced five web games on its website:
- Descent into MADNess
- Go Go Gadget Jetpack
- Talons Take Over
- Go Go Gadget Mobile
- Super Spy Gauntlet
- "Inspector Gadget". FilmAffinity. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- This version of theme is not like original, and it has "Go Go Gadget Go" in it.(The original is "Go, Gadget Go".)
- Lopez, Michelle (24 May 2017). "What's streaming and leaving Netflix: June 2017". Chicago Tribune.
June 2 .. Inspector Gadget: Season 3 — Netflix original
- "Inspector Gadget Reboot Tops Off TELETOON Canada's Latest Original Production Slate". Bell Media. Banff, Alberta. June 11, 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- "TELETOON Goes Back To Cool This Fall!" (Press release). Toronto: Corus Entertainment. September 3, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Raveleau, Alexandre (December 31, 2014). "Inspecteur Gadget: la nouvelle version débarque en janvier 2015". Toutelatele (in French). Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "Schedule". Universal Kids. Retrieved 2018-02-12.
- Penny. "Evil U". Inspector Gadget.
If my middle name wasn't Ruth it would be Ruthless
- "Brain Drain". Inspector Gadget. Penny: "What's my middle name?" Talon: "Ruth! What? I follow you on MySpySpace."
- Munn, Patrick (December 4, 2014). "Boomerang Acquires 'Inspector Gadget' For EMEA, Latin America & Asia Pacific". TV Wise. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Higgins, D (January 5, 2015). "NEW THIS WEEK: Grimm, Pretty Little Liars, The 100, America's Next Top Model, People's Choice Awards, Hello Ladies: The Movie, 2015 AFC Asian Cup and live sport". Foxtel. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Boomerang Channel: Go-Go-Gadget relaunch". Foxtel Insider. Foxtel. December 19, 2014. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- Tizzle (January 1, 2015). "Who's that new familiar face?". DSTV. Multichoice. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- "Boomerang and Cartoonito UK February 2015 Highlights". RegularCapital (Press release). Turner Broadcasting System Europe. January 15, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- Lussier, Germain (February 25, 2015). "Netflix Will Air New Versions of 'Inspector Gadget' and 'Danger Mouse'". Slashfilm. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Persaud, Christine (March 25, 2015). "Go, Go, Gadget trailer! Netflix gives a first look at Inspector Gadget reboot". Digital Trends. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- "Descent into MADness".
- "Go Go Gadget Jetpack".
- "Talons Take Over".
- "Go Go Gadget Mobile".
- "Super Spy Gauntlet".