This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Privately held company|
Shenzhen Arashi Vision Co., Ltd. (Chinese: 深圳岚锋创视网络科技有限公司; doing business as Insta360) is a camera company headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong, with offices in Los Angeles and Tokyo. It makes action cameras, 360-degree cameras and 180-3D cameras.
Insta360 CEO JK Liu (刘靖康) met his co-founders while studying computer science at Nanjing University, where Liu and his classmates created a live-streaming platform to share university events and lectures online.
Their interest in broadcasting live events led them to explore 360-degree photography. After graduating, Liu and his team moved to Shenzhen and founded Insta360 in September 2014 to begin developing and manufacturing 360-degree cameras as they found the current market standard did not fulfill their needs. Since then Insta360 has grown, spread to LA, California and now hosts a team of over 300 employees as of 2018.
In March 2019 Insta360 led another round of funding, during which it raised another $30 million from Chinese investors, including Everest Venture Capital, MG Holdings and Huajin Capital.
A groundbreaking foldable camera that captures both 180 3D and 360. Launched in March 2019
Insta360 Pro 2
As an evolution of the Insta360 Pro, the Pro 2 is the next step in VR cameras designed for professional photographers and filmmakers. Launched in August 2018, the Pro 2 shoots in 8K 3D VR to capture "lifelike experiences".
Insta360 ONE X
Launched in October 2018, the Insta360 ONE X is a new kind of action camera. It shoots in 5.7K and has "gimbal-like" stabilization dubbed "FlowState". It can be mounted and used standalone, and it is also compatible with iPhone and Android. The One X runs on a Ambarella H22 SoC.
Launched in August 2017, the Insta360 ONE is a 4K 360-degree camera. It can be used as a standalone action camera or as a mobile attachment for live-streaming from a smartphone. The One runs on a Ambarella A9 SoC.
Google Street View
In October 2017, Google certified the Insta360 Pro as "Street View auto ready," meaning that it can be used to capture 360-degree photos while mounted on a moving vehicle. These photos can be submitted to Google’s Street View platform.
- 徐昕琦."南大'标准哥'刘靖康用代码告诉你大学应该怎样过",凤凰网，19 December 2013. Retrieved on 06 March 2017.
- 爱搞机."可以让你从不同角度看世界的神器——Insta360 Nano全景相机"爱搞机 09 September 2016. Retrieved on 06 March 2017.
- 酷锋科技. "专访Insta360联合创始人陈金尧：90后创业团队获数亿元融资，还得从全景相机说起" 微众圈25 May 2016. Retrieved on 06 March 2017.
- "Camera maker Insta360 raises $30M as it eyes 2020 IPO". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- O'Kane, Sean ."Insta360 One is a 360-degree camera with a really clever trick up its sleeve", The Verge. 28 August 2017. Retrieved on 18 September 2017.
- Jackson, Daniel. "Insta360 ONE for iPhone takes photos and videos to a new level of immersion" , Daily Mirror. 08 September 2017. Retrieved on 18 September 2017.
- Morrison, Geoffrey. "Insta360 One 360 Camera Preview: 4K Video, Bullet Time, And More" , Forbes. 03 September 2017. Retrieved on 18 September 2017.
- "How to unpack(carve) files from a camera firmware .bin file?". Reverse Engineering Stack Exchange. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- Takahashi, Dean. "Insta360 Pro is an 8K 360-degree virtual reality camera", VentureBeat 05 January 2017. Retrieved on 06 March 2017.
- Lai, Richard."Insta360's 'affordable' 8K VR camera is up for pre-orders", Engadget 21 April 2017. Retrieved on 13 July 2017.
- Miles, Stuart. "Insta360 Nano review: The 360-degree camera for iPhone" , Pocket-lint 05 September 2016. Retrieved on 06 March 2017.
- Etherington, Darrell. "Insta360 Air looks to bring affordable 360 video to Android phones",TechCrunch 28 November 2016. Retrieved on 06 March 2017.
- Bach, Natasha. "Now You Can Get Your Own Images on Google Street View", "Fortune" 03 October 2017. Retrieved on 18 October 2017.